Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Neat!
Sytone

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
Woot, I was going to write one on my holidays!

Now I don't!!

Removing from my task list right now ;)
Sytone

Score: -1 Reference
On line

42: for (int i = 0; i < args.Length; i++)

Change i = 0 to i = 1 as you have already assumed that the first param is the task name, a user may want to put a : symbol in the task name. Your code would try and split the task in this instance.
Tim Skoch

Thanks Sytone! It's updated now.
Proximo

Posted: Apr 13, 2009
Unfortunately for me. I use Executor to launch all my apps. Even if I won't be able to use this, I wanted to thank Tim Skoch for sharing it.

I think it's great when people are willing to share with others in the name of making life easier.

This is why I am learning C# right now. I want to have the skills to do things like this or make up my own little apps. to share with others.
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
most impressive! launchy FTW!
tvchris

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
Not sure why but every time I run the .exe it crashes...
Tim Skoch

Posted: Apr 17, 2009
tvchris: Do you have .NET 3.0 installed? I'm not certain that the program requires it, but it's what I have installed on the machine on which I developed/use it.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2009.
Sytone

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
@Tim: If you used Visual Studio to complie it look at the project options and it will tell you which version you have compiled against. I try to use 2.0 unless i am using 3.5 goodness.
Proximo

Posted: May 26, 2009
Is anyone able to do something similar with Executor. I started out with Launchy, but find Executor far more superior. The fact that you can control what get's Launced and what does not, cut's down on clutter.

I already use Windows Search for XP SP3 which is the same search that Vista and W7 use.

Thanks.
Tim Skoch

Posted: May 26, 2009
Proximo: It actually isn't really a "Plugin" for Launchy as much as a simple executable which takes command-line arguments. If Executor is anything like Launchy, you should be able to use it as is.
cgnguyen

Posted: Sep 14, 2009
Hi Tim

I love your Plugin. However, while it works on my netbook, my main computer for some reason has trouble with this. I always get the error message "failure sending mail". Any idea how I can troubleshot this?

Thanks

This message was edited Sep 14, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.