ForumsTips & TricksOutlook Client Securty Fix

Outlook Client Securty Fix
keef

Posted: May 08, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
If you are using my Outlook Synchronization application then you might have encountered the annoying Outlook security pop up that stops the automatic synchronization process from running.

I have been researching this issue and I have found a fix but it requires me to buy a commercial third party software library for US$200.

I want to keep the synchronization client as a freeware utility, so I
have created a Micro Pledge project to see if some of this money can be raised from the application users. If there is enough support then I'll buy the license and add this fix in.

The Micro Pledge project is here: http://micropledge.com/projects/toodledosync-outlook-security-fix

Keith

For the technially inclined, this web site gives a good sumary of the Outlook security problem and the various fixes. I've chosen the Redemption approach as being the best suited to fix the problem.
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52
keef

Can I buy a vowel? Please ignore the typo in the topic title. Doh.
TonyB

Thanks for all your work on this Keith. Given the asset that this sync tool is to Toodledo, have you thought about approaching them for the necessary funds?
keef

Thanks for the suggestion Tony. I am reluctant to ask Toodledo for funds because I'm not even sure if there is any demand for the feature. Using micro pledge seemed to be a safe way to see what sort of demand was out there.

Also I guess it would be nice to keep the tool non-commercial for now. I only get a limited time each week to work on it and I'd feel a lot more pressure to get it 'finished' if I entered into any sort of commercial relationship with the site.

Cheers

Keith
keef

Posted: May 13, 2008
Woot. We have $15 dollars pledged to this fix so far. Thanks to whoever it was that agreed to chip in!
Roman

Posted: May 13, 2008
no problem, you´re welcome. just keep up the excellent work! hope, some other folks might pledge as well! go on folks! i think, its for a good cause.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.