ForumsTips & TricksHow to create a due date,length when adding a task using IFTTT

How to create a due date,length when adding a task using IFTTT
atu.hira

Posted: Aug 23, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
How to create a due date,length when adding a task using IFTTT

Dear fellow Toodledo lovers, hello.

Today I will show you some tips on how to register Google calendar schedules as Toodledo tasks.

When registering tasks using IFTTT "Action" , you couldn't set "Due Date" or "Length" on Toodledo tasks, which was kind of annoying.

So, I tried combining IFTTT and Google Apps Script. Ta-da! Turns out you can retrieve task information accurately!

Below are step by step instructions on how to do it, try it out!

- - - - - - - -

1.Enable e-mail importing (toodledo.com)

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_email.php

2.Use this IFTTT recipe (ifttt.com)

https://ifttt.com/recipes/196999-if-any-new-event-added-on-google-calendar-then-send-me-an-email

- "Google Calendar Channel" and "Email Channel" -- please activate each.(Please set up by Gmail account.)
- It is OK even if each Google account is different.

3.Setup of Google Apps Script (docs.google.com/spreadsheets/)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/

- Please access "Google Sheets" after logging in by the same account as the Gmail address set up above.

- Create an "Untitled spreadsheet", and paste your address for "e-mail import" on the cell of most the upper left(cell A:1).
- And click a menu in order of a Tools -> Script editor.

- The Script Editor will open. Delete all of the example code , and add the following code:

http://toodledotips.jp/tool/Code.gs.txt

, and then click Save.

- To execute the script, either click ▶ or select the menu item Run -> checkMailToTask.

- A dialog box will appear and tell you that the script requires authorization. Click Continue.

- A second dialog box will then request authorization for specific Google services. Read the notice carefully, then click Accept.

- From the Script Editor, choose Resources -> Current project's triggers. You see a panel with the message No triggers set up. Click here to add one now.

- Under Run, select the function checkMailToTask.
- Under Events, select Time-driven, Minutes timer and Every 15 minutes.
, and then click Save.

- Congratulations!
- Setup is now complete.

(If a schedule is created on a calendar, e-mail will be transmitted and a task will be registered automatically.)

This message was edited Aug 24, 2014.
Technutz

Posted: Oct 04, 2014
Wow, working like a champ!

I modified your script as the From email was different and I added the Folder and Content to the subject string.

I also added a Prefix [GC] in the IFTTT receipt subject and created a Gmail Filter to archive it into a folder.

Love it! and that was fun scripting gmail too! Woot! :D

This message was edited Oct 04, 2014.
ThaiGringo

Posted: Oct 16, 2014
I can't wait to try this! Thanks!
Rod_1407485142

Posted: Nov 20, 2014
Hello and thanks for posting this.

When I try to run the script, I get the following error:
Cannot read property "date" from undefined. (line 57, file "Code")

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks,

Rod
atu.hira

Posted: Nov 22, 2014
Thank you for the report.

It would be a big help if you could tell me the text of the email that came to the Gmail address via IFTTT Action <[email protected]>, because then I would be able to investigate.

Posted by Rod_1407485142:
Hello and thanks for posting this.

When I try to run the script, I get the following error:
Cannot read property "date" from undefined. (line 57, file "Code")

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks,

Rod
Rod_1407485142

Posted: Nov 22, 2014
Thank you for your offer to help.

I've pasted the text of the email I get from Google regarding this error.

-Rod

Your script, Toodledo Script, has recently failed to finish successfully. A summary of the failure(s) is shown below. To configure the triggers for this script, or change your setting for receiving future failure notifications, click here.

The script is used by the document Untitled spreadsheet.

Summary:

Error Message Count
TypeError: Cannot read property "date" from undefined. (line 57, file "Code") 96
Details:

Start Function Error Message Trigger End
11/21/14 5:19 AM checkMailToTask TypeError: Cannot read property "date" from undefined. (line 57, file "Code") time-based 11/21/14 5:19 AM
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.