ForumsTips & TricksEmail interface-unwanted text

Email interface-unwanted text
smoppett

Posted: May 29, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
The email interface is great. I still use a large number of DOS based routines that can use this to add tasks to my list.

However, our spam filter spam checks all outgoing email, and adds a message to the end of the email. Toodledo then (un)helpfully adds this text as a note to the task. What I would like is an option that I can put in the subject that tells Toodledo to ignore the message, and a tag (such as </end> that tells Toodledo anything after does not need to be included in the note.

Simon
Anders

Posted: May 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Looks like you're not alone: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1725/0/feature-request-emailing-tasks-and-email-text-going-into-notes.html
I had a similar issue with my University's email, so I've started using gmail for adding tasks instead.
~Anders

This message was edited May 29, 2009.
Linden

Posted: Jun 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The idea of an option in the subject is good. It might also be good to have a code that marks the end of a note. This way people who DO want notes included don't have their spam-check messages tacked on at the end of each one.

I'm glad to have come across this, as I've recently considered looking more closely into using the e-mail system to help keep me on top of my e-mails. Work e-mail isn't much of a problem, but my social e-mails get lost rather often and having them in my to-do list would be very helpful!

(Yes, I know GTD outlines e-mail strategies, but I'm seriously struggling to make them work as described.)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.