ForumsTips & TricksFirst Run at a Darker Theme

First Run at a Darker Theme
Anders

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Vin's theme is awesome. I use Google Redesigned too, and it is a mist have IMO, although I wouldn't mind if it were even a bit darker. If someone could make a Toodledo theme that matched their Google themes, my life would be complete. Anyway, this theme and Vin's others are excellent, and I hope to try out his new one soon.
Proximo

I now use a Dark Theme for Firefox, Google Redesign for Dark Google versions of Gmail, Gcal and Greader. I use script for a dark Youtube, Vin's script for a Dark Toodeldo.

So I am in the Dark here...... :-)

I do love the Google Redesign versions and would love to see a Toodledo Theme to match that as close as possible.
Vin Thomas

Glad you guys find the script useful. I use the "Silver Lining" theme from within Gmail. I tried to emulate that as much as I could so I could have a consistent UI. It is pretty close, but if I had the time I would love to really refine a TD user style.

Thanks for the feedback!
Vin Thomas

Posted: Sep 07, 2009
I have updated the Toodledo Dark Theme. You can download it here if you'd like. There are some minor changes that I made that make for a cleaner UI. No real change in functionality.

- Small change in colors
- Made buttons without images
- Added opacity to completed tasks
- Changed image for toggle sidebar icon

Download the theme here: http://j.mp/toodledo2
Steve

Posted: Oct 16, 2009
Love the theme. But I have one little niggle (which applies to all themes I've tried). The theme "sticks" as long as I switch between tabs in a single view. But if I go to another view, my default Toodledo theme shows for a second or two before the dark theme takes over, which is a little off-putting. I think it's related to how many tasks are displayed on the page. Is this a common problem? I've tried on Safari and Firefox.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Oct 17, 2009
Steve,

That is an issue with user-scripts. It will always load the default styles before it loads the userscript. I wish there was a way to disable that. If anyone knows of a way, let me know and I am willing to make the necessary changes.

Thanks!
Steve

Posted: Oct 17, 2009
Thanks, Vin. Long as I'm not alone!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.