ForumsTips & TricksToday's Toodledo Tip: Saved Searches on iOS

Today's Toodledo Tip: Saved Searches on iOS
Salgud

Posted: Apr 15, 2016
Score: 3 Reference
Saved Searches are the real power of TD. Many power users pretty much live on the Saved Searches page. I've even re-created Saved Searches that exist elsewhere in TD so I don't have to leave the Saved Searches page to access them.

After a while, you may have so many Saved Searches that ordering them in the list is necessary to get the ones used most frequently near the top, and those used less frequently toward the bottom. At present, I have 32 Saved Searches (maybe I'm due to cull this list again), some of which I use every day, others, rarely. The ones I use most often, like Hotlist (my own personalized version) and Starred (same as the included one, recreated here for ease of access), have a space in front of the name, which puts them near the top. Others fall in alphabetical order, like my WR (Weekly Review) ones, while the less used ones have an x, z, or zz in front of the name to place them at the bottom out of the way. I imagine others have different systems for organizing them. I'd be interested in seeing other's methods of doing this.
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 15, 2016
Score: 4 Reference
Saved Searches is a must to really use TD to its full potential.
We need it in the Android App soon.
Widaker

Posted: Apr 17, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
+1 for introducing saved searches also in the Android app!
zenseeker0

Posted: Apr 19, 2016
Another supporter for Android saved searches. I discovered this month that saved searches brings tagging, goals, contexts, priorities, and more all together for me. For now, I'm overusing the web application to get by.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 12, 2016
Yes, desperately need Saved Searches in Android !

For now I am using Pocket Informant's "Smart Filter" feature but it's such a pain to set up I only relegate it to the most important searches.

Being able to quickly set up a search on web & have it synced to mobile would make it work so much nicer..
fiona.c

Posted: Jul 12, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
YES! +1 for saved searches on android. I am gradually getting a good workflow going but it is severely limited by the lack of saved searches on mobile (android). Means mobile mostly relegated to habit tracking. ????
Sabina A.

Posted: Jul 13, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Salgud:
Saved Searches are the real power of TD. Many power users pretty much live on the Saved Searches page. I've even re-created Saved Searches that exist elsewhere in TD so I don't have to leave the Saved Searches page to access them.

After a while, you may have so many Saved Searches that ordering them in the list is necessary to get the ones used most frequently near the top, and those used less frequently toward the bottom. At present, I have 32 Saved Searches (maybe I'm due to cull this list again), some of which I use every day, others, rarely. The ones I use most often, like Hotlist (my own personalized version) and Starred (same as the included one, recreated here for ease of access), have a space in front of the name, which puts them near the top. Others fall in alphabetical order, like my WR (Weekly Review) ones, while the less used ones have an x, z, or zz in front of the name to place them at the bottom out of the way. I imagine others have different systems for organizing them. I'd be interested in seeing other's methods of doing this.

Thanks for sharing Salgud!

Saved searches will definitely be added to our Android app in the future!
janannons

Posted: Oct 03, 2016
I am just about choosing between toodledo and some other apps for my todo.

I was happy as I just discovered saved searches which the others have similar.

But they have it also in Android.

For me this could be the tipping point when choosing tool to subscribe to.

I saw some request on this in Android app for Toodledo in 2014 so I guess the comment

"Saved searches will definitely be added to our Android app in the future!"

could mean years from now.

or is there any plan when this feature will come to android?
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 06, 2016
Posted by janannons:

I saw some request on this in Android app for Toodledo in 2014 so I guess the comment
could mean years from now. or is there any plan when this feature will come to android?

Dont hold your breath. Waiting and waiting, and decision paralysis has an emotional and economic cost.
Just use the android app "Ultimate To Do List" which has good sync with TD and custom searches and more. I have been using it for 2 years.
The Toodledo android app can be seriously considered only once it has custom searches and calendar intergration.
TD needs to open up its API of Lists and Habits sections to third party developers, since it doesnt have time to concetrate on Android.
Duo

Posted: Oct 07, 2016
Posted by janannons:

I was happy as I just discovered saved searches which the others have similar.

But they have it also in Android.

could mean years from now.

or is there any plan when this feature will come to android?

Toodledo are about to release a new beta version of the Tasks part of the site. One of the supposed advantages is feature parity between the Web, iOS and Android versions of the product.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/beta.php
quercusmaximus

Posted: Nov 16, 2016
Thanks for the tip coolexplorer. When I searched for how to use saved searches on Android the first reference to this I found was a forum post back in 2014 asking when it was going to be available. It was closed so I couldn't leave a post there. And then when I added a 2016 qualifier I found this thread. 2 years? Seriously? I was about to pull the trigger and become a subscriber and now I'm going to hold off and re-think this and decide whether to stick with Evernote or add yet another tool (Ultimate To Do) to overly complicate my task management. I dug a little deeper and found that this has been available on iOS since 2013. I guess Android users are the red-headed step children of Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.