ForumsTips & TricksSync reminders workflow

Sync reminders workflow
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Jul 28, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
While Toodledo for iOS does allow you to sync iOS reminders to Toodledo, which enables it to work with Siri, it's a bit limited. One thing that annoys me is that it won't put the reminder into a folder that matches the list name in iOS.

This prevents you from being able to say things like "add __ to my shopping list" or "add __ to my wish list" or "add __ to my TODO list."

Well, it turns out there's a workaround for that.

You'll need the following to make this work:
* Workflow
* Gmail or other email service that Workflow can integrate with to provide a "from" email address
* Your email access email address for Toodledo
* The reminders app set up with lists that match your folder names in Toodledo

Here is the workflow:
https://workflow.is/workflows/da277e51d65f45c3911d121e9a7afac0

You will have to modify the "Send Email" actions for your email address and your Toodledo email access address.

How it works: It sends an email to Toodledo to add the item to your list. In the case of this workflow, it can add a star for important items and adds the folder name.

I recommend having this workflow be added to your Today view, for easy access.

Benefits: You can tell Siri to add items to specific lists, and assign priority.

Drawbacks: The workflow has to be run manually, and at the end you have to give it permission to delete the added items.

This is also a proof of concept that something like this is possible, so I'm rather disappointed that the Toodledo devs don't already do this with their reminders sync feature.
tomcal

Posted: Jul 29, 2016
You can also accomplish the above by using IF (www.ifttt.com). I have it set up to automatically add anything from any reminders list to the appropriate folder in Toodledo. I can also automatically tag them, as well.

I have a separate IFTTT recipe for each reminder list. For most, I have it set up to go to that folder in Toodledo. Others are just tagged and sent to my catchall folder in Toodledo. A couple are just sent to Evernote.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2016.
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Jul 29, 2016
I had some issues with IFTTT: It seems to check the iOS reminders for new items rather infrequently :(.
tomcal

Posted: Aug 01, 2016
It appears to work much better when it is running in the background so I rarely close the app
Ummagumma

Posted: Sep 27, 2016
That's too much hoop jumping.

This message was edited Sep 27, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.