Toodlethings User Style
Kelly Regan

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Just installed it and it looks awesome! Nice work
Steve

Posted: Nov 07, 2009
As I've said previously, garroteman, I personally would welcome a little work on the heading buttons, so they're not all just words with different font sizes on a grey background. I find it a bit hard to hit what I'm after without a bit of hunting. The Toodledo Things Style theme retains some of the original "boxing" around heading words, which I do like.

Also, I'd welcome less vertical blank space between tasks (again, more like Toodledo Things Style).

Thanks for all your efforts!
Garfield

Posted: Nov 08, 2009
The box style is what the entire theme strives away from and I more than likely won't be looking to implement them in anytime. What I am looking to do is remove the separators and instead apply a bigger space between the sections.

I personally think that the free floating words work well with the background as it's a free-floating row that's well above anything else in the view.

Thanks for the interest in the style.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted by Garfield:
The box style is what the entire theme strives away from and I more than likely won't be looking to implement them in anytime. What I am looking to do is remove the separators and instead apply a bigger space between the sections.

I personally think that the free floating words work well with the background as it's a free-floating row that's well above anything else in the view.

Thanks for the interest in the style.

thanks for the update
looks great!
Steve

OK, thanks, Garfield. I do understand that everyone's view of aesthetics is different, and you're the boss with this theme!
Garfield

Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Appreciate the approval from you guys :) If you have any other suggestions/criticisms, as always please just shout them out and I'll let you know whether it can happen. Hope you continue to enjoy it.
Steve

Just wondering - do you think the fact that your css is stored "externally" slows down the display? This style seems to be a fair bit slower than others to "take over" when you switch Toodledo tabs. Thinking that's maybe because it has to take a trip to dropbox to get the css every time.
Garfield

It's a lot easier for me to update the CSS remotely and for you to have a fix without having to update the userscript than the alternative - but it's definitely something to look into.

It's just convenient since I'm constantly tweaking things and pushing updates to the CSS, but notsomuch in the userscript itself. A lot of other scripts have their CSS load remotely as well, but the reason it seems faster is because it only has to load once (ie: Helvetireader, Minimal Gmail, etc) since the user never changes pages. If you had to only load the CSS once, it wouldn't be an issue.

Hope that helps.
Steve

Thanks. Certainly like to try one with "local" CSS at some stage to see what difference it makes.
jonathan

Posted: Nov 28, 2009
Nice style, Garfield, and it does clear up the width/spacing issues that I had with the original "Things" style.

BTW, I'm happy with the "Add Task" button. My ask would be to see how to bring some more differentiation between the 3 lines of info at the top before the column titles.

More importantly, I can't figure out how to get the userscripts within a Fluid-ised version of Toodledo to point at your hosted script. Do you know how?
jaymcary

Posted: Jan 03, 2010
I love this style but cannot get it to work through the proxy server at work. It works fine when I connect directly to the internet but not when I go through the proxy. Any ideas why this might be?
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
I would love for this style to get more bright background. This one is depressing :X
Yannis

Posted: Jan 15, 2010
The Things style for Toodledo looks really slick and makes the system so much more ergonomic and enjoyable. I only have two problems—hopefully someone can chime in with some help:

1. How can I resize the list view columns? Is it possible to do this at all?
2. When I decrease the width of the Toodledo window, instead of getting a horizontal scroll bar the browser wraps the "trash" and "note" icons of each task on the following line. How can I correct this?

Thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.