ForumsTips & TricksGetting alerts for Toodledo on iphone/ipod touch w/o push

Getting alerts for Toodledo on iphone/ipod touch w/o push
Ganessin

Posted: Aug 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Not getting alerts on my mobile device when tasks are due in toodledo was bothering me
I use ultimate todos on ipod touch & cannot use push

I also use google cal with neuvasync and I found this workaround to get around to get alerts for toodledo tasks

step 1 : Go to import/export
step 2: section ical
step3 : copy apple ical format
step 4: paste this address to web address (something like below)
www.toodledo.com/id/tdXXXXXXX/ical_live_apple.ics
this will prompt to save the ics file

step 5 : go to googlecal & create a calendar (toodleo or tasks etc)
step 6: configure the calendar to create alert using pop up (notifications)
step 7: import your ics to this calendar
step 8 : open calendar (let neuvasync finish its job)

you have your toodledo taks on the calendar with alert set

note : you need to set the due time & length of the task
The google cal due time = toodledo due time - length
alert time = gcal event due time - alert before

Now this method is not real time, to refresh your taks you need to repeate teh above steps

Waiting for caldav support on toodledo

regards
Anders

Posted: Aug 02, 2009
Why not just use the Toodledo iCal subscription for Gcal? That way, it will continuously update. I used that with Google Sync for iPhone to get alerts for months until the Toodledo app added Push. Also, in addition to Due Time and Length, Start Time and Due Time, or Start Time and Length will work to define an event beginning and end.
Ganessin

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Hi Anders

I did try this before (i use neuvasync not googlesync) but i had the following issues :

1) The gcal link for toodledo adds the calendar to other calendars in google & this calendar does not appear on mobile device

2) The toodle cal on gcal did not seem to update when dates are changed on toodledo.

I am doing something wrong, I would certainly be delighted to have toodledo taks appear on my calendar with pop alerts.

I do not need a two way sync. The toodledo web is much better to work throught my task

thanks
Ganessin

Addendum :

In fact the refresh problem in google cal is for old tasks when I change the date on toodledo , it does not update correctly on gcal

So the import taks seemed to solve the 2 issues for me

regards
Anders

That makes sense.
1. That must be a Nuevasync thing Google Sync let's you sync any 25 calendars you like, even weather, holidays, and the Toodledo iCal.
2. This is a problem for me as well sometimes. What I found works is to delete the out of sync task, and recreate it, but that could be tedious if it happens to you frequently (although Toodledo's clone feature might make it simpler). Unfortunately, that just seems like a problem with Gcal that is unlikely to he fixed any time soon.

I don't use Apple iCal, so I don't know, but have you tried subscribing to the Toodledo calendar from your desktop calendar instead of Gcal?
Ganessin

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
Hi Anders,

Sorry for the late reply.

Toodledo ical refresh is working fine when I subscribe in windows vista calendar.

The issue is with google cal when toodledo due date is changed gcal does not seem to pick up.

Going to report the problem to google.
PS : Nuevasync now allows me the choose the subscribed calendars.

thanks
Anders

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
Yes, Google has had an endless stream of reports about this (not just from Toodledoers, it seems to be a general iCal issue with them), but it's still a good idea to add your voice.

I just started using Nuevasync myself, but for my WM phone. I still use Google Sync for my iPod and it's great, but their WM service only allows you to sync the your default Google calendar.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.