ForumsTips & TricksNot all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd

Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
jdaniel1

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just signed up for this the other day, hoping to use Toodledo as a way to have my Outlook Tasks on my new iPhone. I installed the desktop application and everything appeared to work fine. However, when I log into the "cloud", I see many of my tasks, but not all of them. The folders are maintained, but many of the tasks are just not there. In some cases, I see 200 in a folder, while another folder only has one (versus 300+ in outlook). I keep the tasks around, even though they are no longer have deadlines, which is why i have so many.

What could I be doing wrong? I have not even attempted to sync to my iPhone yet, as I need the toodledo.com version to have what I need.

Thanks!
jdaniel1

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum! It should have been in the Questions forum. If a moderator could move this, I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Anders

I don't have those sorts of powers, and I don't believe I have ever seen Toodledo move a thread, so it may not even be possible. Anyway, Questions would also be the wrong forum. The Outlook sync tool is developed and supported by a 3rd party, and the developer does not have time to read through every forum, so questions regarding the tool should be posted in the Third Party Applications forum.

One thing to be aware of is that the Outlook sync tool syncs in batches, so if it is your first time syncing, it could take hours before all your tasks show up on the website. If you are sure that everything should be finished, make sure that no tasks are being hidden by your filters (if they are,, there should be a message at the bottom of your task list. Finally, note that Outlook to do list items like flagged emails will,not be synced unless you drag them into your main task list. If your problem is none of the above, you should post in the Third Party Applications forum.
Eric.Montgomery

Posted: Aug 20, 2009
I ran into the "tasks not syncing" issue last night. To fix it I changed the contexts then sync'd and changed them back and sync'd again. et voila! Tasks sync'd correctly. Just needed a nudge.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.