ForumsTips & TricksInbox equals tasks missing certain fields

Inbox equals tasks missing certain fields
InfoJeff

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have seen posts that mention your "inbox" as being any tasks which are missing certain fields (like no goal, no folder or no due date). Related to that "inbox" usage, here is an idea on how to use the saved search feature:

When I quickly add a task, I might just put in a task description without assigning values for all fields. So I use a repeating task to remind me to go in every now and then to look at and edit tasks that are missing a due date, context or folder. I have saved searches for those items.

I have an additional saved search that bundles them all in 1 massive search like this:

By the way, be sure to add an additional rule to your searches that says "Checked Off" is "no" if you do not want to see completed tasks.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2008.
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Check! This was the first thing I did when I found out that Search got more powerful!! :)

My search entitled "Inbox" matches:
[Checked Off] [no]
AND:
{_ [Folder] is [No Folder]
OR [Goal] is [No Goal]
OR [Context] is [No Context]
}

The second search I came up with (and am still tweaking) is something I've entitled "Limbo", that lets me review those tasks that aren't properly processed. When I'm done tweaking, I'll make a new thread about it, because I suspect I'm not the only one who stuffs tasks away only to have them effectively disappear! :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.