ForumsTips & TricksComing back to TD

Coming back to TD
DSull

Posted: Dec 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am thinking about re-subsribing to Pro and using TD as my primary system for task management again after a hiatus.

I'm looking for tips on ordering tasks. I know subtasks can be ordered manually and tasks can be tagged, but how do I keep a more or less sequential flow of tasks?

I'm hoping I have overlooked something obvious!

Thanks
Kelly Regan

Posted: Dec 10, 2009
Until we can manually sort I use letters and numbers

A1) task
A2) task
A3) task
B1) task
Proximo

Posted: Dec 11, 2009
Posted by kelly:
Until we can manually sort I use letters and numbers

A1) task
A2) task
A3) task
B1) task

You can manually sort task now. It's a new enhancement that was announced in the News section.

Not sure if I understand your question fully but what I do is simply order my task by the very next step that will move the Project forward. This becomes my next action and I manually order the sub-task below according to what order I will tackle the sub-task.

Sorry if I did not understand your question correctly.
DSull

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Maybe I'm a bit daft, but how?

Whenever I drag a task it becomes a subtask with no undo.
Linden

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
You can only manually sort subtasks. Oddly, there hadn't been any demand for manual sorting of ALL tasks until that enhancement was released.

For the subtasks you created accidentally, simply dragging them to the far left will pull them out and make them standalone tasks again.
DSull

Posted: Dec 23, 2009
Thanks. Seems very odd indeed that that request wasn't needed

The first time I put in a list of more or less sequential tasks and the order was scrambled with no way to roll back... yikes - TD motivation killer.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.