ForumsTips & TricksDial2Do no longer free...

Dial2Do no longer free...
wjlynch

Posted: Dec 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Well, we knew it was just a matter of time before Dial2Do followed in Jott's footsteps and started charging for their service - http://www.dial2do.com/home/plans. In terms of integration with Toodledo, that function is part of their "Pro Package" and is no longer free.

Anyone know of a free service that will add tasks to Toodledo via voice?
Vin Thomas

I know. I got the news this morning too. I guess anyone who was a beta user will still get a year of Pro service for free. But I would love another free option.
replytoken

Google Voice (in conjunction with G-Mail).

--Ken
Proximo

I got a free year of Dial2Do for free, but I don't see myself paying for it past that time.

If you are an iPhone user. There is an amazing app that has become one of my favorites. You could use it to send task to Toodledo via. email.

Dragon Dictation is an amzaing app for the iPhone that will take your natural speech and convert it to text. You then have the option to send it as an email or a text message.

If you have your toodledo setup as a user in your contacts, you can send the converted text to toodledo.

While you are checking out Dragon Dictation, also check out their search app. It's also amazing and it's called Dragon Search.

2 great apps for the iPhone and they are both Free

Dragon Dictation
Dragon Search

This message was edited Dec 21, 2009.
wjlynch

Posted: Dec 22, 2009
Proximo,

I agree that Dragon Dictation is a great app. The one issue I have in using to send tasks to Toodledo, is that if you simple record something like "Purchase milk at the store" and then go to email it to Toodledo, it puts the copy in the body of the email and not the subject. I have found that Toodledo will not accept emails without a subject (which would be the task itself). Therefore, you have to cut and paste the copy into the subject field.

Not a major issue given the convenience of voice-to-text conversion, but an extra step nontheless. Might be easier to just send the text to the clipboard, open up whatever task manager you are using and just paste it there.

By the way, Todo from Appigo has returned as my main task manager syncing with Toodledo. With the latest update, it has made the app that much better. eToDo while promising, is dead to me as long as it cannot sync with ToodleDo. The ToodleDo app for me is just not as visually appealing and the lack of filtering makes it unusable at this time. I gave Action Lists a run-through, but it is just a little too simple for my needs.
David

Posted: Dec 22, 2009
@wjlynch

Pocket Informant syncs w/ TD and has other features you might like; it also has visual appeal. The next update will have even more (choice of colors, etc.)

David
Proximo

Posted: Dec 23, 2009
I am on the fence between Appigo Todo and Pocket Informant.

My only concern is that I use Stars to determine the Next Actions for the day and I can't use Stars with Todo. I am not sure about Pocket Informant, so maybe David can let me know.

I try not to use Priorities. The only reason I DO use them is to sort my Task which is not possible in Toodledo. I know Toodledo can sort based on your sort options but I am talking about Manual sorting by dragging and dropping my task.

Any Pocket Informant users out there that can give an updated review on how it works with Toodledo website?

I currently use the official Toodledo app for the iPhone but I find it has a terrible UI and is not well thought out. Just my opinion, but I find the UI to complicated to dig into my data.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2009.
jlaker

According to the Pocket Informant site under Toodledo sync:

"Subtasks coming in a future release"

That's a deal breaker for me right there.
Proximo

Posted by jlaker:
According to the Pocket Informant site under Toodledo sync:

"Subtasks coming in a future release"

That's a deal breaker for me right there.

I agree
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.