ForumsTips & TricksJott interoperability

Jott interoperability
korbas

Posted: Mar 16, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I tried using the connection to Jott...it works, but the only problem seems to be that Jott has a hard time understanding the pronunciation of Toodledo. It seems that an uncommon, three-syllable word with four vowels is asking an awful lot of it. About 95% of the time, I was just getting a "Sorry" message.

All I had to do was change the name in Jott to read "Too". Now I pronounce it as rhyming with "knew" or "spew" and it works just fine. That appears to be a good solution - I can pronounce it consistently the same way, and Jott can recognize it.
tjreo

Posted: Mar 17, 2008
NO JOKE! Great idea putting this down as a tip.

I ended up changing mine to "two do" and that works for me. Initially I had it as "to do" but it would only recognize my saying "tuh do".

Jott is an indispensable tool... a game changer. But it has a LONG way to go to improve on the 80% transcription rates that I am seeing.
korbas

Posted: Mar 17, 2008
Posted by tjreo:
Jott is an indispensable tool... a game changer. But it has a LONG way to go to improve on the 80% transcription rates that I am seeing.

I have almost 98% success, as long as pronounce things very clearly. It looks like they have humans helping with the transcription process, which makes things better.

Once Jott gets out of beta, I'd even be willing to pay for it - it's great because even when on the road, it's possible to just call in additional items for the list. By the time I get home they're waiting to be processed and I haven't forgotten anything.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2008.
tjreo

Posted: Mar 18, 2008
Posted by korbas:
...it's great because even when on the road, it's possible to just call in additional items for the list. By the time I get home they're waiting to be processed and I haven't forgotten anything.

I agree that this is one of the killer features of Jott. I took a two hour drive last night and while the kids were watching a video in the back with headphones on, I had thinking time. By the time we reached our destination, I had 15 new tasks in Toodledo.
Qrystal

Posted: Mar 18, 2008
Posted by tjreo:
I ended up changing mine to "two do" and that works for me.

Me too :)

I haven't used it much yet though, as I tend to be near a computer more often than not.
tjreo

Posted: Mar 20, 2008
Jott's ability to recognize voice is cool yet tempramental. I now have it as "too do" instead of "two do" and it is helping.
korbas

It's finnicky...but you can set your contacts to be anything you want. Once you get something that works it's great.
Vicky

I don't think I could get through my day without Jott and Toodledo anymore. I used Jott tonight while I was out shopping to add tasks.
ziskeh

Posted: Mar 28, 2008
I've learned that Jott does have live human transcribers. I often have occasion to include foreign words in my note. I simply say something like "Holi...that's h-o-l-i" and they always get it right.
heavdog

Where did the Jott link go? I know I saw it there before...but when I logged in and looked for it to add it, it was gone...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Apparently, Jott decided to remove our link. I don't know why. We will have to contact them about it.

Thanks for letting us know.
heavdog

Posted: Mar 29, 2008
It's back - I contacted them, and they said that there was a known bug that was making some of their links disappear. I logged in a little while ago, and there it was...weird, but I'm glad it was available again.
jwelshjr

Posted: Mar 30, 2008
IIRC, there used to be a more comprehensive help document here (or somewhere) with tips on setting the folder, context, etc. when using Jott. I thought it was similar to using Google Calendar with Jott in that you had to say things in a certain order or with certain keywords. Is that information still available? I would like to accomplish a little fine-tuning when using Jott.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2008
Setting the folder/context/etc cannot currently be done with Jott, but this is something that we are thinking about for the future. You can find our Jott documentation here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_jott.php

Perhaps you were thinking about our email-import tool, which has these abilities.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
tjreo

Posted: Apr 03, 2008
My love/hate relationship with Jott continues. I am now using 'git er done' as the jott link for toodledo. It is recognizing it 100% so far. Not only that but I can't help but smile when I saw it.
Bob

Posted: Apr 07, 2008
When I was trying to solve this problem, I once got into a Jott menu where it read the names of your links back to you (though I'm not sure I could get back there.) It was pronouncing Toodledo as "toodle-dough" - I tried this and it seemed to satisfy Jott.

I eventually changed the name of the link to "watermelon". Long story.
jwelshjr

Posted: Apr 07, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Setting the folder/context/etc cannot currently be done with Jott, but this is something that we are thinking about for the future.

Hmmm... So I guess I was remembering something else then. I certainly look forward to that functionality!

Regarding the Jott link: Right off I changed the name to the simplest, most obvious thing that came to me: "TO DO". It works every time for me. ;)
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 10, 2008
I tried "TO DO" (or too due, or two do, or something) ... it didn't end up working very well for me after all.

I forget what I changed it to eventually, but the last time I used it, I wasn't even able to get to the point where I could say the task I wanted to jott because I was in too noisy an area. I gave up, and realized I'd probably almost always rather twitter anyways, and now I'm living happily ever after.
Joseph

Posted: Apr 12, 2008
Posted by korbas:
I tried using the connection to Jott...it works, but the only problem seems to be that Jott has a hard time understanding the pronunciation of Toodledo. It seems that an uncommon, three-syllable word with four vowels is asking an awful lot of it. About 95% of the time, I was just getting a "Sorry" message.

I had the same problem. I had been pronouncing it as "Too-dle Doo", but after getting it correctly after a few tries, and listening more carefully to Jott's pronounciation, I think it's officially pronounced like this: "Too-dle-LEE-dOO", all in one sweep of the tongue.

If you remember the LEE syllable, you should be fine.

This message was edited Apr 12, 2008.
Jeff

Posted: May 14, 2008
AS for ability to set context/folder/etc from Jott, how about account level settings or "Jott settings" where I can specify a folder or context for all to land in. That way I could specify "Context: Jotts to sort" then when I'm in office I can sort the new items into desired folders/contexts. There already is field "via" buried in there somewhere...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.