ForumsTips & TricksIntegrating Gmail + Calendar with bookmarks

Integrating Gmail + Calendar with bookmarks
deleteduser

Posted: Aug 03, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Without downloading any add-on or too much tweaking, I managed to integrate Toodledo, Gmail, Gcal into a rather simple workflow. The only tool used is Firefox's bookmark sidebar.

I never got used to Toodledo's navigation interface (sidebar/top bar/second level top bar... etc) so just bookmarked a few links that I use most often -- and make Toodledo's sidebar always hidden.

This way I get to re-order each link the way I want to, and a particular list can be accessed with just one click. Plus it's easy to integrate different web apps into one clean & simple list. e.g. Gmail/Calendar/Next Action are the only ones needed when you want to DO stuff. The ones below them are used when you need to PLAN stuff.

To add a new task, Toodledo's firefox extension is still useful. Or to be add-on free, add a mailto: link to your Toodledo import address to the sidebar.

This arrangement has worked pretty well so far. Any comments and suggestions welcome.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392 /4095/firefoxtodocz8.png
Qrystal

Posted: Aug 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Wow!!! What a great idea! I might just have to try this! :) Thanks for sharing.
randy.belk

Posted: Aug 16, 2008
Where can I get the extension?
whitten

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
I believe it is at

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/index.php

but I actually don't use it. (I found it on one of the other pages on the website)

Dave
Jim

Posted: Sep 17, 2008
Great tip, thanks!
Eric K. Herberholz

Posted: May 10, 2009
Would you please explain how you set this up?
Anders

Posted: May 11, 2009
If you go to the view menu in Firefox, and then to sidebar, you can view your bookmarks in the sidebar. You could then organize any links you like to quickly switch between various views, etc. of Toodledo, or any other page (like gmail, calendar as seen in the posted screenshot). You can actually just drag and drop links from your screen or tab bar into the bookmark sidebar which makes this very easy to set up and organize. I have not actually tried it, but it is a cool idea.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.