ForumsTips & TricksModding booklet graphics

Modding booklet graphics
aldorsa

Posted: Mar 17, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
The main reason I use Toodledo is the booklet. The downside of the booklet is the stock front cover page. Yes, it's nice to have my name and the creation date printed on the cover, but the folding instructions are quickly learned and a waste of space. I've found that I can open the booklet in Acrobat Pro and modify the page. So far I've just inserted my mug shot, but there's plenty of room for a small calendar or whatever. Maybe turn the last page (back cover) into a business card that can be ripped out... with a flourish.
I'd be curious to hear how others are modding the booklet.
tjreo

Posted: Mar 17, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
LOVE the booklet!

I use it for errands and also to keep my agenda with me. It turns heads when people see me flipping through the tiny booklet.

Even though I do not own Acrobat Pro, I am also curious how others are modding the booklet. I would enjoy current month + next month tiny calendars.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2008.
aldorsa

Posted: Mar 18, 2008
You can also use Photoshop to open and edit PDF's, but you may have to tweak the position of the image in order to get it to print/fold in correct registration.
vlcofa

Posted: Mar 28, 2008
I love that the booklet function is built in to Toodledo, but--there are some nice "pocket mod" programs (like Pocket Mod and Pagepacker) that let you make your own booklet, changing content page by page, rather than as one big graphic file.

I don't know a solution, but it would be great to be able to get toodledo info into one of those softwares and then add your own pages to the mix.

ds
Colin A

Posted: Mar 30, 2008
I love the booklet too - one of the bonus features of being a pro member...but I also like the flexibility of http://repocketmod.com/ which follows on from PocketMod but has a whole load more page templates including GTD specific stuff too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.