ForumsTips & TricksMake an existing task a subtask of an another existing task

Make an existing task a subtask of an another existing task
tony.grout

Posted: Jan 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, anybody an idea how I solve the following problem.

I have an existing task that I then realize is actually a subtask of another existing task and want to therefore make it a subtask in Toodledo.

Fine you say - just drag it under the task. The challenge is that the task I want to drag the subtask to is not displayed in the current filter and I have hundreds of tasks so using the "Main" view is not a practical option. Is there any way around this other than in some way getting them to appear on the same view by using a temporary tag?

What I'm looking for is something like an additional option on the main task to add an existing task as a subtask or create a new subtask.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony
alexborne

Posted: Jan 06, 2010
When I have to do this, I star both of them, go to starred list, drag and drop the subtask on the task, and unstar them.
Not so long.
I can do this because I use stars to make temporary shortlists, for any special use.
I know some of us use stars more permanently, then you have to find another parameter you can use to make 2 tasks appear close to each other (tag, priority, date, folder, context...)
tony.grout

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
Thanks Alex - don't use the star for anything so as a work around this sounds like a good plan.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.