ForumsTips & TricksPermanent Link => Focus on Single Projects

Permanent Link => Focus on Single Projects

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The new permanent link feature allows me to focus on a project and its subtasks in 3 clicks:
click the permalink, click to expand subtasks, then click to show "items hidden because of search". This is great, and will really make subtasks workable for me.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
I have yet to use the new permanent link feature but it sounds like it can be used in many useful ways.

When you say that you first click the permalink, where do you do this? From an email, from inside Toodledo, etc.

Not sure if you created a shortcut to the link as an icon on the desktop.

Just needed clarification of the first click.

Posted: Jan 16, 2010
Proximo I have not used it yet. Hope the following helps.

Toodledo wrote 7 days ago the following in News forum:

Two additions today.

1) It is now possible to email a task to someone from the website. Hover your mouse over the checkbox for any task and select the "Email task..." link. This will open a pre-formatted email in your preferred email program.

2) Adjacent to this you'll see the new "Permanent Link" link. This is a way to get a URL that links directly to a specific task. From now on, email reminders sent from the website will contain this permanent link so that you can quickly get to the task from an email.

P.S. I just used the "Permanent Link" and then bookmarked the subsequent view and labeled the BM appropriately. Will play around with other ways that I might use this. It seems that it would be useful in delegating a project to someone as well.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.