ForumsTips & TricksQuick Add tasks to Toodledo in iPhone

Quick Add tasks to Toodledo in iPhone
roninj

Posted: Aug 06, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I am a heavy user of Toodledo on my iPhone, and I always found that the biggest issue I had was how long it took to add tasks. However, I have found a great solution, and I wanted to share it with the community.

The trick is to add tasks via the Mail application on the iPhone. Set up email task input on Toodledo, then create a contact on your iPhone with your personal toodledo email address (mine is named "Toodledo.";) To quickly add a task, click the button to create a new message, and press the first letter for the name of your contact. Then in the subject field, input the task. To further refine the process, you can create a folder or context in Toodledo that contains tasks that still need to be processed. I created a folder called "p", and use Toodledo's special syntax to file all incoming tasks in that folder. As a final flourish, you can create a new message addressed to your Toodledo contact, switch the focus to the subject line, and then switch applications. When you want to quickly create a new task, all you need to do is open up the Mail application.

Enjoy. :)
iPhone2Droid

Posted: Aug 07, 2008
Good idea, and indeed I had been using the mail app (with gmail's filtering/labels prowess) as a todo/notes doohickey before iphone transformed into version 2.x. Since then, I coughed up $10 to purchase Appigo's ToDo. Pretty bare bones, but great for quick captures, with a quick tap to sync it to ToddleDo. And thankfully, stable!
Liz

Posted: Jan 10, 2009
You can also send a text message to toodledo, using codes that tell the app what folder to put the task in, when it is due and so on...instructions are in the "connections" section. you can also use Jott...
Jay

Posted: Jan 10, 2009
You can also add a task with voice using dial2do. It's free. After setup, all you need to do is call dial2do on your iPhone (or any phone) and say "email" then say "toodledo" then say whatever your task is. It will get transcribed into text (plus save a copy of your voice recording in case you were mumbling), and sent it to your toodledo account. Only issue is I haven't figured out how to say things like @, #, !, etc. so it doesn't understand the toodledo language.
Anurag Bansal

Posted: Feb 10, 2009
Posted by Jay:
You can also add a task with voice using dial2do. It's free. After setup, all you need to do is call dial2do on your iPhone (or any phone) and say "email" then say "toodledo" then say whatever your task is. It will get transcribed into text (plus save a copy of your voice recording in case you were mumbling), and sent it to your toodledo account. Only issue is I haven't figured out how to say things like @, #, !, etc. so it doesn't understand the toodledo language.

Oh ya, I am also a great fan of Dial2Do.
jwfrancis

Posted: Feb 13, 2009
You may want to look at Note To Myself by GP Apps for the iPhone. It allows you to set a default To: CC: and Subject: for email creation. I use it to send emails to my Toodledo account even more quickly than I can with the built-in Mail app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.