ForumsTips & TricksTags, Folders and Contexts

Tags, Folders and Contexts
j.eggen

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using Toodledo for a while now and moved to Toodledo from using Outlook with Plan Plus for Outlook. When I moved over I mostly used Folders in the same way I would use categories in outlook and used context based on what part of my life the task was for (work/home/reading.) I have been reading more about tags, folders and contexts in Toodledo and now I feel confused about how to use these. I am hoping that someone would share some best practices about how they use these three fields in Toodledo to manage their tasks, or maybe point me to some good tutorials on how to use these fields and GTD. I use a completely hosted solution now... Google Apps Calendar, Mail, and Toodledo. Syncs with PocketInformant for mobile use and makes my life cable free and Outlook free, now I want to take it to the next level and use these tools to improve my task management too. Thanks!
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

I am in a similar situation... mostly an Outlook user and have used TaskMerlin for task management. I've recently ordered a copy of Dave Allen's GTD book and have been looking at GTD info on the internet to learn about this approach.

I'd suggest a good place to start would be to look at this thread here on the forums:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

...and perhaps scan other threads in the GTD section of the forums. Lots to read and digest.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.