ForumsTips & TricksHow to check folders easily?

How to check folders easily?
bh

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am using folders for projects and have quite a few of them (more then will display on the tab bar).

I want to be able to check my folders easily to make sure that there is a next action (or a waiting or on hold) in each folder. Currently having to go to "other folders" and select things there is cumbersome and I am afraid I am going to miss some.

What is the best way in toodledo to do a scan of foldeers/projects to make sure they all have a next status?
Claudio

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
In any view of your tasks, you can Sort by Folder, and then "Close Dividers" to get a quick overview of all your projects, and "Open Dividers" to get the bigger picture.

Actually, I realize this isn't exactly what you're looking for but perhaps it will help.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2010.
Qrystal

Posted: Mar 15, 2010
Continuing Claudio's thought, to show how his idea can help you make sure each Folder has a next action...

After you Sort by Folder, use Status as the second sort criteria. Then when you scan down the list, the Next Actions would be at the top of each section.
Rich

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Take a look at my post : https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/5281/0/new-userscript-change-folders-by-keyboard.html

this will allow you to open the folder list at once and cycle between them. Useful for many folders, expecially if you rename them to match the folder / subfolder syntax I talk about.
bh

Posted: Mar 23, 2010
Thank. The sort by folder then by status is exactly what I was looking for. I never think about sorting by folder but that helped a lot. I have several folder for things I am capturing that I want to do when time allows so they don't have dates so needed to make sure they had next actions so don't slip through the cracks and that worked exactly for what I needed. Did not take long to make sure all folders had a next action. Thanks for the advise.

Walesi, I will have to take a look at that script. Sounds very interesting especially since I use firefox. Will have to check it out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.