ForumsTips & TricksDocs in Email Help

Docs in Email Help
sandyroos

Posted: Aug 31, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I used Tooledo in the past but discarded it 'cuz it just wasn't quite right for me yet. Now with all the improvements, I'm back to give it another shot so I just upgraded to Pro. I've been poking around and it's really a great product - Kudos to you guys!

There may be a way to do this, but I couldn't find it so here goes...

Clients send me docs to work on and I love the convenience of accessing easily them when I open a task in my current program. There's an "open original email" button and I'm quickly linked to the original, including the attachments. So cool, 'cuz then I don't have to read through the code that html email generates in the body of the task.

I can't find a similar feature without going through the steps of adding the file to Tooldedo, which I don't want to take the time to do. So if there was some way to just "open original email" that would solve the problem for me, especially if I were directed to my Gmail account via a link to where the original email has the attachment.

Is something like this possible??

[email protected]
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Scott

Sandy,

This is a great idea - I have been just putting things into a hold label but now that I think about there is a better solution.

In Gmail every email has a unique url. So what I would do is grab a quick copy of the address of the open email and then after you click forward, paste that address into your message.

The todo item in Toodledo will then have a link that takes you directly back to that email in Gmail.

It's a bit of an extra step, but if you get into the habit I don't think it's a big deal.

Hope that helps,

SB
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.