ForumsTips & TricksRequesting access to my email addresses

Requesting access to my email addresses
neil.percival

Posted: Apr 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The toodledo Windows app on my PC is doing something differently since I got back to work after 2 weeks away over Easter. Every time it runs a sync with my outlook Exchange server, a warning pops up in Outlook saying an application is requesting access to my email addresses. Why is it doing this now and not before? and why does Toodledo need access to email addresses at all? Thanks for your help with this! Neil
PeterW 

Posted: Apr 13, 2010
Posted by neil.percival:
The toodledo Windows app on my PC is doing something differently since I got back to work after 2 weeks away over Easter. Every time it runs a sync with my outlook Exchange server, a warning pops up in Outlook saying an application is requesting access to my email addresses. Why is it doing this now and not before? and why does Toodledo need access to email addresses at all? Thanks for your help with this! Neil

I think you will find that this is the 3rd party sync tool from Chromatic Dragon, not Toodledo. Toodledo is a web app and doesn't talk directly with Outlook.

The developer of this sync tool may be able to help:
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
neil.percival

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
thanks for your reply and sorry I've realised it should have been in the Questions forum! Neil
sventhebrit

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
I had a similar problem in Outlook 2007 -- when I had been away for a few weeks.

I cannot recall the exact specifics, but it was beacuse my virus definitions files where considered out of date. There is an option in Outlook where you select the security level and I had selected - "No warnings if Virus Files Uptodate" (or a similar message).

Once they updated, the problem was gone. I don't have Outlook 2007 here with me, but if you want me to check where the option is please let me know.

** EDIT ** -- Googled it, these are the options:-
Click "Tools," "Trust Center." The "Trust Center" dialog box will open. Click "Programmatic Access."

The Programmatic Access security settings in the Trust Center provide the following options:

* Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date (recommended) This is the default setting in Office Outlook 2007. Suspicious activity refers to an untrusted program attempting to access Outlook.
* Always warn me about suspicious activity This is the most secure setting and you will always be prompted to make a trust decision when a program attempts to access Outlook.
* Never warn me about suspicious activity (not recommended) This is the least secure setting.

Try updating your Virus Definition files and see if it goes away.

Steve

This message was edited Apr 17, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.