ForumsTips & TricksHOTLIST

HOTLIST
mahmoodadeel

Posted: May 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I would like a more customizable hotlist with options equivalent to a search option. I have created a hotlist in search but i cant view that on the iphone app. Alternatively you can add search feature of the iphone app.

THanks
Shawn Weber

Posted: May 16, 2010
Have you tried using the filters rather than the hotlist?
mahmoodadeel

Posted: May 17, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Filter doesnt serve what i am looking for. I have a search option which does the following:

Displays tasks which are

due next 5 days

or

Next actions

or

stared

This gives me a condensed look at all my task i need to handle first. I would love to be able to see that list on my iphone or mini gmail toodledo.
saskia.x

Posted: May 19, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
It would be nice if the hotlist were more customisable, but saved searches serve fairly well for most purposes apart from when you want to view this search off the main website (e.g. iphone app, emailed hotlist etc). So I think giving us the ability to access saved searches via all of the other interfaces would solve this problem for most people.

Personally I don't yet have a phone that is capable of accessing Toodledo so that hasn't been a problem for me (although I'm about to get an Android phone so it may be soon!), but I would like to be able to set up an automatic email of my customised "hotlist" as you can with the built-in hotlist. So if saved searches could be emailed automatically, or queried via email, that would be great.

Of course, they could do something entirely different which would accomplish a similar thing. One idea that just came to me was that the hotlist could actually be a pre-set saved search, where the default settings are the same as the current hotlist, but where these can easily be modified by the user at any time (possibly with an option somewhere to revert to the default hotlist settings if you decide you preferred that). If this were treated in exactly the same way as a saved search you could swap between different searches for your hotlist easily if you wanted to test out new settings. It would essentially be a case of designating a particular search as your "hotlist" (possibly simply by calling it "hotlist") and this would then be accessible in all of the ways that the hotlist is currently available. This would mean there was only one set of changes to make on the main website, and all of the other clients could be left as-is, with the new hotlist simply feeding into them in exactly the same way that the current hotlist does. OK, I realise when I say "only 1 set of changes to make" we're probably not talking about changing two lines of code or something, but it's probably less work to make the hotlist be defined by a saved search than it would be to add saved searches to everything or make the current hotlist modifiable.
mahmoodadeel

Posted: May 21, 2010
saskia.x, Good sugessions there. I just want to see a more customised hotlist on my phone and gmail app...
mkwilder

Ditto, I would like to add starred items as well to my hotlist.
mahmoodadeel

Ya i believe the level of customizations in search are very well defined. Something in the same line would be great.
deekod

Posted: May 28, 2010
+1 vote for more flexible hotlist
alexborne

Posted: May 28, 2010
+1 !!
Salgud

Posted: Jul 16, 2010
Just started using Toodledo a couple of days ago, and to get the hotlist that I want I created a saved Search and made the Search page my default. This works pretty well, but being able to just make my saved search "the" hotlist would be even better.
yooperz

Posted: Jul 18, 2010
+1 for more flexible/easy-to-customize hotlist.
lionel_silva

Posted: Jul 20, 2010
another option might be to allow a search to be used instead of the hotlist
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.