ForumsTips & TricksToDo and Toodledo, a little confusion

ToDo and Toodledo, a little confusion
Richard

Posted: May 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I've used Toodledo for almost a year, and have run across ToDo, which I like much better. Other than Syncing to my Toodledo account, I can't see any purpose to having both apps on my iphone, but I constantly see references to both apps being used. What am I missing? I seem to get along just fine with my new app, ToDo. I've imported my data to ToDo from Toodledo with the syncing process and removed Toodledo from my phone.

Am I missing something here, as to having both apps on the phone concurrently?

thanks
richad
PeterW 

You're not missing anything. I started with Todo and purchased Toodledo because I was curious about it. I leave both on my phone just so I can tinker with Toodledo but my daily task management (when mobile) is with Todo.
Claudio

The Toodledo app has more of the website features, such as:

1. Goals
2. Status
3. Start Date and Start Time
4. Date modifiers: Due by, Due On, Due After, Optionally on.
5. View by Date Due, Priorities, Status, Goals
6. Filtering by more than one Context
7. Three levels of sorting by any field.
8. View recently added and recently modified.

Also, Push notifications are based on a "Remind Me" time on a task-by-task basis rather than on Due Time, and the notification can be set at various invervals before the Due Time.

The Toodledo can sync on edit, and I've found the sync to be quite a bit faster than it is with Todo.

So, for those who are using any of the features above, Appigo's Todo is missing something.

This message was edited May 30, 2010.
wfolta

Posted: Jun 18, 2010
Claudio,

To Do has two things that Toodledo's app does not (unless you also get the Toodledo Pro or Pro Plus subscription):

1. Free Projects (Tasks with subtasks)
2. Free Checklists (Tasks with super-simplified subtasks that only have a Completed status)

Also, To Do's interface is way more elegant and easy on the eyes.

I really want to like the Toodledo app, and I have bought it and it sits on my iPad. I even upgraded to a Toodledo Pro subscription. But I just can't get past the better interface: it really makes it a joy to use all day long, and it's the first To Do app that I've been able to stick with.

That said, I do really like the idea of a Start Date and Time, and also Due On, and the Toodledo app does offer several features like that which To Do does not. At the same time, I envision Stard and Due On as more of a trigger mechanism, and less of a "don't show me until then" mechanism. Anything that I have to do tomorrow is "Hot" in my book, whether I can work on it today or not: it ultimately affects what I might work on today.

My two cents...

(Also, while To Do has Projects and Checklists and can sync to Toodledo non-Pro, the way its implemented won't work properly if you intend to use a second device and sync that as well. Then again, the Toodledo Pro subscription also lets you store stuff for more than 6 months, making it ideal for tracking things that will be important at next year's Performance Evaluation.)
Claudio

Posted: Jun 18, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Actually, Todo (you're talking about Appigo's app, right?) has more than two things that Toodledo's app does not:

Link a task to a Contact and automatically create a task with the Contact's name, and then call, email or SMS from the task, or go to the address in Google Maps, or go to a Website.
Show subtasks indented below the Parent task.
Manually change the order of tasks in a list.
Copy from Todo to Notebook and vice versa.
Display completed tasks as Strikeout (with many choices for displaying Strikeout).
Choices on how long to display Completed tasks, from one day to one year, or All.
Choice of which Lists (Folders) to display. (Useful if you use different Folders for Tasks and Notebook.)
Sync with Outlook using Appigo Sync.
Sync with iCal on an Mac Desktop.
Integration with GoodReader and TextExpander.

Plus, the iPad version is amazingly beautiful!

But, I was just pointing out that the Toodledo does offer other features.
j2020

Posted: Jun 23, 2010
Nice list Claudio. I'll add one more item ToDo has, that quite a few of us have been begging for, but that hasn't made it into any version of Toodledo yet:

ToDo allows you to use Subtasks in a useful way. By which I mean, the date of a parent task can be set to change automatically to reflect the date of the next subtask. This is huge because you can keep your subtasks collapsed to reduce clutter, without the risk of overlooking a collapsed due date.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.