ForumsTips & TricksToodledo desktop client in Autohotkey

Toodledo desktop client in Autohotkey
caveatrob

Posted: Oct 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello Everyone,

I've written a fairly-basic ToodleDo app that runs under Autohotkey for Windows. Covers task, duedate, and folder.

Basically, you use Win-I to call it, type a task, due date (optional), and choose a folder. It adds the task as an email subject line to a text file.

You press "Mail" and Bmail (a free email client) kicks in, reading the file and sending out messages to your toodledo email address via SMTP.

It's very crude, but effective, and it helps me add tasks when I'm not in the browser.

See http://www.workingstorage.com/ToodleDO%20Gui.zip

You'll need to download Autohotkey to run this.

One of these days I'll get around to writing a fully-featured client in .NET, but I'll need to work out the API details.
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for writing this tool. I will download AutoHotKey and try running it.

+100 for writing a full featured .Net client. FYI, there are already a few C# libraries for ToodleDo API, the link for which you can find in the Tools & Services section of the website.
caveatrob

Posted: Oct 28, 2010
I'm thinking about it, but it would have to be Winforms since i dont' know WPF. Also, I'm gonna have to invest the time to check out those libraries, as I'm not sure what I"m doing quite yet with the API.
anoriginalmoniker

Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Nice script. I'm trying to figure out a way to automatically populate the drop down lists. Is there any way an ahk script can read an RSS feed or something?
caveatrob

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
I've been goofing with the code samples for the previous C# API but haven't gotten around to the new one yet. Makes it easy to get the data you are asking for. The AHK solution was temporary for when I'm in Windows and need something lite..
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.