ForumsTips & TricksCan't quite commit

Can't quite commit
DSull

Posted: Nov 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm using TD to track projects for clients in several categories, as well as my house projects, personal and misc., basically everythign I do, as I suspect many of us do. Here's the problem - how to configure the folder/task/subtask/client relationships for max efficiency.

Some scenarios I've identified:
I could make a folder per client but there are several types of work so I don't want a folder per client per type of work, and that makes Folders effectively manifesting at multiple levels (i.e. All my personal stuff is a folder but only 1 client is) - a discontinuity that distracts me.

I could make a folder per type of work (bus. consulting/SEO) with clients underneath, but some clients are in both

I could make a folder for all indy business and have a folder per client with subtasks, but I have found myself making 'artificial' folders as parents for the subtasks which are really my focus.

Hmmm... I've vacillated between TD and a combination of excel I Gcal. I'd like to find a way to commit to TD without compromise.

Suggestions appreciated...

Dan
Darius_1296933579

Posted: Nov 13, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
"I could make a folder per type of work (bus. consulting/SEO) with clients underneath, but some clients are in both"

I'd recommend choosing this option. For individual clients, use tags to combine ALL tasks related to each specific client in 1 view.

I primarily use the folders Bills, Work, Personal, and Career. If I am taking a several week class or working on a detailed project, I will create a temporary folder for it and then delete the folder when everything is done.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.