ForumsTips & Tricks[UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0

[UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
@earnjam - thanks! Will give it a try now.

@Pyush - my apologies. I should be wearing my glasses more often!
earnjam

Posted: Dec 30, 2010
This isnt Toodledo related, but I'm working on a Gmail version of this style if anyone is interested.

http://userstyles.org/styles/42048
piyush_soni

Posted: Jan 05, 2011
Don't know if it's just me, but when a page has too many tasks that you see a scroll bar, scrolling the bar also moves and hides the Top Menu icon button(ToodledoMenuIcon.png) along with it. This is the case when the "Menu" is closed by clicking the icon once. Interestingly, happens only in FF and not in Chrome for me. Do others see it?
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 05, 2011
Yes, I see the same thing.
earnjam

Posted: Jan 08, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed the bug and updated the style.
epetrack

Posted: Jan 16, 2011
earnjam-- this looks great.... Tried it in Firefox, but really want to be able to use it in Safari 5 (my main browser). I have SafariStand, which may help, but cannot figure out/find info on exactly how to install in Safari-- any help most appreciated!
Kristof

Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Hi everybody,

first of all I have to say that this theme looks great! But for some reason it doesn't work for me. I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 and Stylish. I can install the theme, but when I visit the Toodledo page, it looks like before. I tried other themes and they worked... Any help would be appreciated!
jlaker

Posted: Feb 09, 2011
I found that this style is not configured for https as it is. So that may be your problem. Simple search/replace can fix that.

Any chance this can be added to the style by the developer?
jshands

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Bug: If you have something of Importance 10 and star it, it goes to Importance 11, which is unstyled. Simply adding ", sep11" after the sep10 style fixes it easily enough.
AJS

Posted: Feb 20, 2011
Could you put up an explanation how to change the font colours for related settings? I use medium priority as a default setting but the font comes up green which looks fairly sickly.How could I change that to black/blue and high to red?

I know it's fairly simple if you have any code savvy but I don't so spell it out please!
earnjam

Posted: May 09, 2011
I know this comes a few months late, but I've made a few updates to the style.

It now supports HTTPS. If you have encryption checked on your Toodledo settings, the style will work. (thanks to jlaker for pointing this out)

I also added the Importance level 11 to the styling. (thanks jshands for noticing this)

AJS, as far as colors on priorities, I tweaked them to be bold/red for Top, bold/blue for High, normal/black for Medium, slightly smaller/grey for Low. I think that fits the levels a little better and may work better for you.

Hope all that helps!
jlaker

Posted: May 09, 2011
Great! Thanks for the update.
This style is the best!
AJS

Posted: May 10, 2011
earnjam,

that looks a million times better. I haven't been using Toodledo for some time now due to getting fed up of looking at it, but your latest update really makes a difference.
piyush_soni

Posted: May 18, 2011
Hi earnjam, your style is so intuitive that I almost feel I'm going to open 'that menu' when I move my mouse over on the tabs. But when it doesn't happen, I feel bad momentarily. :)

So I started to write a script for this, called it MacOSX Theme Helper. It's in initial stages, but I need styling help from you to complete it. How can I reach you? :) .. I don't want to mess up this public forum.
AJS

Posted: May 18, 2011
Incidentally, I don't know if it has been mentioned but this skin has the folders view lined up down the left pane rather than across the top which means you can use this quite effectively as a project view if needed.

P.S.

earnjam,

there doesn't seem to be an option to close the sort filter which remains open. Not a major glitch but something that could be ironed out nonetheless.

This message was edited May 18, 2011.
earnjam

Posted: May 20, 2011
Posted by piyush_soni:
Hi earnjam, your style is so intuitive that I almost feel I'm going to open 'that menu' when I move my mouse over on the tabs. But when it doesn't happen, I feel bad momentarily. :)

So I started to write a script for this, called it MacOSX Theme Helper. It's in initial stages, but I need styling help from you to complete it. How can I reach you? :) .. I don't want to mess up this public forum.

Nice! I've thought about that myself, but never gotten around to working on it. You can email me at [email protected]

Also regarding the sort filter, AJS...that's a good point. I thought it was fine where it was because it didn't take up much space, but I could probably work it into a window (similar to the other toggle options) that opens and closes with clicks. I'll play with it and see what I can come up with.

This message was edited May 20, 2011.
earnjam

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Since the recent redesign, this style has been completely broken. While Toodledo looks much better by default than it used to, I still think it's somewhat of an eyesore. I know this userstyle had a large following, so I'd like to work on an update for it, but it will require a complete rewrite because they did not use any of the same IDs or classes. It will take some time.

Please check back in the future for updates. I'll post a new thread with version 2.0 once it is ready. Should have some nice improvements to better reflect OSX Lion and just improve the look in general.

- earnjam

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
cliftonr

Posted: Jul 31, 2011
I've been using the Mac OSX style with ToodleDo since I signed up. To me, having it look Mac-like wasn't important, but hiding all the unused options and fields was critical - I can't find what's relevant in the sea of "None" "No context" "No date" etc. Also, I found the default color-coding horrible.

For anyone else who felt the same way, here is a quickie user style that works with the new site while you wait for the MacOSX style to be finished again. (I hope it will show up properly here; I'll post it to userstyles.org later when I've created a login.)

Choose "Write new style" from the Firefox Stylish icon, or "Add" from the Chrome options page; set title as "New ToodleDo minimalist" and add the following content:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url-prefix('http://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php'), url-prefix('https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php') {

.row:hover, .row .dett:hover{background-color:#EDF7FF !important;}
.subtasks .row:hover,.subtasks .row .dett:hover{background-color:#DBF0FF !important;}

.subtasks:hover {background-color:#EDF7FF !important;}

.pri3, .pri3 span, .status1, .status1 span { color:#C00000 !important; }

.pri2, .pri2 span { color:#00179B !important; }

.date3 { color: #C00000 !important; }

.date2 { color: #217000 !important; }

.dim { color:transparent !important; background-color:transparent !important; }
.dim:hover { color: #999 !important; background-color:#fff!important; }

.dimish { color: #999 !important; }

}

That should partly de-emphasize the highlighting when hovering on a task, and hide all the "dim" entries for "None"/etc. until you point the mouse to the field. Also changes the "Top"/"High" colors a bit. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the left margin menu section shrink/expand as needed.
Ant_1293528082

Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Hi Clifton R. I've just installed your quickie user style. It's really fantastic.

Thanks very much

Tony

For anyone else who felt the same way, here is a quickie user style that works with the new site while you wait for the MacOSX style to be finished again. (I hope it will show up properly here; I'll post it to userstyles.org later when I've created a login.)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.