ForumsTips & TricksIs the $14.95 upgrade worth it in your opinion?

Is the $14.95 upgrade worth it in your opinion?
horningfamily

Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I am a new Toodledo user, coming from Chalene Johnson's 30 Day organization challenge and I wonder if the upgrade is worth the investment.

Thanks for your advice.

Anita
Georgia
Andrew A

Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
It is a drop in the bucket compared to other services and their annual charges. I would use the free account for a while and see if that suits your needs. It was for me just for a couple of the extra features. For me it was the subtasks.... it was worth it.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 18, 2011
In my opinion, the additional features are worth the upgrade price. More importantly, paying some fee means I'm not sponging off someone somewhere and that TD is more likely to be around for a while, something I very much desire.
Alastair Findlay

Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Posted by horningfamily:
I wonder if the upgrade is worth the investment.

Yes, absolutely.
Irklak

100% yes for me. Totally worth it if you plan on using Toodledo as your main task planner.
AJS

To be honest I think it's worth that price even without the upgrade. Remember the Milk is $25 if you want the version which syncs to a mobile app. I'm pretty sure you get that with the free version of Toodledo.
Michael Crouse

Worth $14.95, yes.
christopherjkok

The ability to use subtasks as a way to divide up the screen and make things easier to read is well worth the $15. I haven't yet started using the collaborative abilities, but I'm sure that in itself is worth another $15. Also, the availability of toodledo compatible apps for phones (I have an android) makes this an incredibly effective product. All in all, this site is worth much more than $15.
ihateuncleshady

Posted: Jan 20, 2011
I'm a cheap douchebag that never pays for anything, but I paid the 14.95 for this and don't regret it a bit.
simon

No question, it's worth it.
jackperdue

I did the same thing as many of those posting here, used the free version for some time, being sure I used the features, and then decided to upgrade. While there are some services I pay for and don't use, this is not one of them.
Baja Jack

I used the free version for over a year. Found I loved it, and decided to pay for pro for some small but meaningful advantages to using sub-tasks. I will renew this spring.

Try it for a while. There are so many options in the free version you can get a good implementation going before you decide.
Richard_

Posted: Jan 21, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Absolutly!

For the Pro-Plus Version, I don't really see a purpose but the Pro-Version is worth every Cent in my opinion.
I think/hope that Toodledo might evolve into two paid Versions:
Pro is an extensive Task planner and
Pro-Plus fetures Project-Management tools: Tasks that may depend on each other "task starts when Task X is marked as finished" with Gantt-Chart and maybe some rudimentary Resource-Planning. I think such a Project-Management would make lots of users switch to pro-plus as we see lots of questions for such tools in this Forum. (I hope the toodledo-guys did not plan to include those features into tho pro-version and now switch that to pro-plus *g*)
coolhandlouis

Posted: Jan 22, 2011
See http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php

Worth it for me because of the history. I don't want to lose valuable info in old tasks.
rsnicholson

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
Definitely worth it for the subtasks and sharing features. The subtasks are great for organizing and breaking down lists, and sharing is great for collaboration on projects.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jan 23, 2011
@ToodleDo,
Can we lock the thread now? I think we've already got the unanimous answer by now and we don't want another 1000 people to come and write the same thing that it's worth for them as well.
jagooch

Posted: Feb 15, 2011
I think it's worth it for the subtasks alone. plus you get history, secure(https access ), and file storage. I'll admit that I have not tried the competition, which for me is Omnibus since I have an iPhone.
zoya37

Posted: Feb 16, 2011
Anita-

I think it is well worth it. I used the free edition for a while, and as I got used to the system and started tweaking it to fit my particular implementation of GTD, I decided to try the pro account. I have never regretted it, and I take each purchase pretty seriously, even $15 ones!

Instead of setting up folders for projects, I set up my tasks as project (with the context: project). Then, I add subtasks to that project task with specific contexts (phone, online, errand, etc.). I only have about four folders, Work, Household, Grad School, Personal. It has made it much easier to sort and track progress and kept my system clean and simple. Easy to use - and easy to keep using!

If you think you would add documents to your tasks - then you might consider Pro Plus. I have not found that I need that feature, however.

Good luck!
max_1296142160

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Well worth it.!!!!
edhurlburt

Posted: Feb 18, 2011
I have three guys working for me, all upgraded to the Pro account. I can easily assign tasks through the sharing, and then monitor the task progress and completion from the Web app. This makes it well worth it for me. It will be perfect when I can assign tasks from my iPhone app!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.