ForumsTips & TricksSorting tasks in the order you want to DO them

Sorting tasks in the order you want to DO them
Bliss149

Posted: Feb 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Can someone suggest a work-around for not being able to drag and drop tasks to put them in the order you want?

Thanks in advance!
Runamuk

Posted: Feb 15, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
As a former user of Franklin Covey Plan Plus, I too would love to be able to order my tasks by dragging and dropping, particularly within the "due-date" view.

Also on my wish-list is:

1. the ability to sort tasks with ABC priorities (also within the "due-date" view).

2. being able to move ALL overdue tasks to today with just one click.

Regardless, Toodledo is still the best online task manager bar none!

This message was edited Feb 15, 2011.
max_1296142160

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Use a numbering system to lead your task name.

JCarl

Posted: Feb 20, 2011
Subtasks are allowed that option in the Subtask setting
russ.daniel

Posted: Feb 22, 2011
I use the "goals" setting as my prioritization - just had to customize them to a, b, c, d, etc.
proffit17

Posted: Mar 23, 2011
For pseudo-drag&drop, I use completed time stamp, i.e., actually use most recently completed as my first todo item. Thwarts a lot of due date and other features, but simple to sort.
kevin_hatch

Posted: Apr 02, 2011
@proffit17

This sounds intriguing....could you please explain this approach of yours more completely? How do you get the time stamp without actually completing/checking off the task?

Thanks
adarkazanli

Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I use a 2Do app on my iPad that connects to the toodledo... it does pretty good job in allowing me sort the list manually... However works on today's only. therefore, I always have to wake up 5:00am to plan my day. Another good reason to be up early in the morning :)

I agree toodledo has been the best for task management and I sincerely hope the service provider would pickup the pace on some of those little / simple but very useful features. I am sure we will see plenty of options in the near future if this does not happen.

by the way, the sorting stays within the iPad and does not affect the sorting on the web...
Colin2000_98

Posted: Apr 25, 2011
I use Pocket Informant on iPhone & iPad then sync through Toodledo which I use on my computer at work. I sort tasks by dragging on th iPad during my GTD weekly review but can't get it to sync between devices because Toodledo is deficient in this area.
Surely they can add a sort field in the sync process that picks up the current sort position & passes it on.
Most of my tasks are not date critical & if I try to sort by setting due dates I just end up with a mass of overdue tasks. Very depressing!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.