ForumsTips & TricksCan we add multiple task with one email?

Can we add multiple task with one email?
robert.dauteuil

Posted: Mar 03, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Hi

I would like to know how create 5 tasks in a row with one meail? not create 5 email for 5 task... just one. It's possible?

thanks in advance

Robert
Grant_1410298063

Posted: Mar 08, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
I don't think this is possible, but it would be a really neat feature request.

Often when I'm meeting with my boss, I'm taking note of actions in Notepad. Then I have to either compose several emails to toodledo, or better yet use the Multiple Add function.
luc.steelandt

Posted: Mar 15, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I agree with both remarks.

Coming from RTM, I will appreciate to retrieve some missing features to toodledo.

The possibility to import a set of task with one mail exist there.

If I understood toodledo ability to ear users, I'm sure that it will be a part of the todo-list.
kronstedt

Posted: Mar 27, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
+1 for this request. It would be very helpful when recapping meetings.
VandVisX

Posted: Mar 30, 2011
+1 - This would be great for exactly the reasons specified above
Manish

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
+1
Damian_S

Posted: Jun 09, 2011
The developers should take a look at MonkeyGSD (Formerly MonkeyGTD). It has the best 'quick add' feature I have ever seen in this type of app. Not only can you add multiple tasks as once, you can create multiple projects and actions at once, all with all the tags etc you could wish for.

I left MonkeyGTD because it's unmanageable if you have lots of projects, but really miss that feature.
mco

Posted: Jun 09, 2011
Of course, you could email in one task

"add task in notes"

with the body of the email containing
the list of tasks. Then you could use
the multiple add feature of the web
version later- or just cut and paste.
idxman01

Posted: Jun 12, 2011
+1 This would be a nice addition to avoid a later copy/paste.

[edit]

I should elaborate a bit. Using the multi-add option within the web interface is great for adding similar tasks. For example I just moved some of mine from RTM, google tasks and excel spreadsheets. Typically I just copy/paste as all the tasks were already grouped together anyway and I didn't always have priorities on some lists.

Being able to do this via email would help for later batch entry after a meeting or at the end of the day when we've done all our GTD brain dump onto paper. (I do use an android client, but paper is better at times.)

Those tasks could be for a number of different projects, contexts, timeframes and priorities so multi-add isn't sufficient.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2011.
gdetorsiac

Posted: Nov 21, 2011
+1!
jparrot99

Posted: Jan 15, 2012
+1
chris

Posted: May 28, 2012
+1 (resurrecting...unless there's a better way to make these feature requests)
Christopher Sol

Posted: Jun 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Another +1. I also commonly used this on RTM. The workaround mentioned above is pretty good and I've used it too. Nevertheless, especially when I'm out of the office, throwing in several tasks at once would be great.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.