ForumsTips & TricksImporting from Things into Toodledo

Importing from Things into Toodledo
jeff.templon

Posted: Mar 05, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi *,

I am moving from Cultured Code's "Things" to Toodledo and wanted to do a mass import. I wrote a very small and rather dumb python script that will read a "Database.xml" file from Things and convert into a CSV file that can be read by Toodledo. It only converts the title of a task and anything in the 'notes' field; doesn't deal with tags, contexts, locations, folders, projects, etc. It could, it just wasn't worth the effort for me. So all it does is to rip out title and notes, and dumps the entire list into a folder called "Things" on Toodledo.

Anybody want a copy, let me know!

JT
rjvnyc

Posted: May 04, 2011
How may a get a copy of your excellent import script?

Bob

Email:

qt4cu0o5na8rbeo AT jetable.org
chess.griffin

Posted: Jun 08, 2011
Could you please post this script somewhere online or mail it to my forum username at gmail?

Thank you!

This message was edited Jun 08, 2011.
Ef.roosegaardebisschop

Posted: Jun 18, 2011
Hi Jeff
Could Imhave a copy of yournscript as well?
Thanks in advance

Ps
My username is my gmail adress

This message was edited Jun 18, 2011.
schnoede

Posted: Jun 22, 2011
Would you please mail me your script?
My username is my gmail adress.

Thanks
Mark.Shuttleworth

Posted: Jun 25, 2011
Great news- can now sync toodledo tasks with Mac Office 2011 over the air by using Beta version of Appigo sync. Brilliant- now have Toodledo on ipad, iphone and Mac snycing together
lcmiller461_1309476366

Posted: Jun 30, 2011
I would love a copy of the script--awesome!
[email protected]
rolf.k.keller

Posted: Aug 28, 2011
sounds great, could you please send me a copy of your script too please? email: [email protected]
Thanks
r.
jeff.templon

Posted: Nov 06, 2011
Hi,

wow, sorry to everyone who asked, I didn't see the replies here! I will try to mail everybody a copy this coming week, or perhaps I will just post the script here.

JT
daniel_greenberg

Posted: Nov 09, 2011
Jeff,

If you could send to me at this spamfilter email: [email protected]

It will get to me, and I will be extremely grateful. If anyone else sees this message first and wants to send it, thanks so much!!!
jeff.templon

Posted: Nov 10, 2011
Hi

Sorry guys i was away from home for several days, I will try to get to it ASAP!

JT
Salgud

Posted: Nov 10, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
More and more Things refugees showing up here. How are we going to feed and house them all? :)
jeff.templon

Posted: Nov 11, 2011
Hi *,

I found the script. I tried it on a recent things database (my license still works) and it does not really work correctly; it detects and writes out SOME of the Things tasks but not all of them.

If anyone wants a copy and wants to play with it, that's fine. You'll need a basic understanding of XML and Python. Let me know.

Sorry, don't have any spare cycles to figure out why it is no longer working! I only needed it to work once!

JT
magreenberg

Posted: Dec 07, 2011
Cultured Code's web site has many scripts for exporting & importing Things data including the logbook, projects, and tasks, including documentation for writing your own scripts. Enjoy!

http://downloads.culturedcode.com/things/download/ThingsAppleScriptGuide.pdf

https://culturedcode.com/things/wiki/index.php/AppleScript:_Export_Scripts

https://culturedcode.com/things/wiki/index.php/User_Contributed_Scripts
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.