ForumsTime ManagementBest Offline Task Manager

Best Offline Task Manager
Alisa

Posted: Oct 03, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I am looking for a good desktop to do manager to use offline. I really thought MyLife Organized was going to work for me except the repeating function is not useful for recurring tasks that float. Marking tasks to regenerate when completed results in the regenerated item scheduled for the next date but does not maintain the original time. Basically I have a lot of daily routines that need to regenerate on a daily basis.

I don't have an iphone, but I do have a palm pilot and an ipaq that I may be able to get working again. I'm really struggling with finding a solution that will allow me to carry my to do list with me so I can check things off as I work. I am not always at a computer so I think I may have to resort to a printed list. I wish the Toodledo booklet was more configurable.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

This message was edited Oct 03, 2009.
replytoken

Posted: Oct 04, 2009
Its old, but I really love Ecco. I believe that is was possibly the best PIM ever developed, and many others who still use it agree. If you are interested, you might want to browse and/or search here: http://outlinersoftware.com/ . Its a great resource for PIM information.

--Ken
lisaniel27 Post deleted
Qrystal

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Since the Toodledo booklet wasn't customizable enough for me, I started printing subsets of my lists on 3x5 index cards.

With not too many tweaks, I was able to get a nice little stack of lists that are as customizable as anything you can view from your browser.

I just had to change the print settings in my browser to shrink to fit, and for the page size to be 3x5.
bahetc

Posted: Feb 06, 2010
Also look at taskangel as it is also coming along quite niceley and does sync to toodeldo...
Claudio

Posted: Feb 09, 2010
Posted by Alisa:
I really thought MyLife Organized was going to work for me except the repeating function is not useful for recurring tasks that float. Marking tasks to regenerate when completed results in the regenerated item scheduled for the next date but does not maintain the original time. Basically I have a lot of daily routines that need to regenerate on a daily basis.
What if you set a recurrence of "Every 1 day" instead of setting "Regenerate new task 1 day after each task completed"? This will maintain the original time.
Alisa

Posted: Feb 14, 2010
Thanks for the tip about TaskAngel! I just downloaded and it works perfect! It synced to Toodledo with no problem at all. It will be nice to be able to work from my list when offline!

Now if I could find a hand held solution that doesn't involve getting an iphone or data plan. Will take a look at the print options again.
PeterW 

iPhones are great! Try one for a few days - you'll be hooked. I love having access to my Toodledo data wherever I am.

Note that you could also get yourself an iPod Touch as these devices can also run Toodledo and Appigo Todo. The only difference is that you can't sync over the phone network with an iPod Touch but can do so via WiFi.
Alisa

Thanks Peter. I didn't realize that iPod had a PDA type device. Never really checked into them. It's still not an option however but I appreciate the info. I do have a netbook though and can access by list that way. Even though it is quite small it is still not convenient for "working my list."
MaryE

Posted: May 21, 2010
May also want to check out Google Docs. You could create a todo list in word or excel update online or offline and access from anywhere. Timesheet Mobile

This message was edited May 21, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.