ForumsTime ManagementPomodoro Technique (aka Tomato Technique) Productive Focusing

Pomodoro Technique (aka Tomato Technique) Productive Focusing
Quang

Posted: Dec 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Anyone heard of the Pomodoro Technique?

http://www.pomodorotechnique.com/

It's great, I've been using it the last couple weeks, basically it involves estimating your time & working in 25 minute blocks with a kitchen timer.

There's a detailed review of it, on the Wall Street Journal
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704538404574541590534797908.html

Anyone else heard of it or uses it, time boxing / time blocking or something similar with Toodledo?

I'm new to toodledo, love all the customization and options to sort tasks. (Digg that it even has a built in timer!)

This message was edited Dec 13, 2009.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Dec 13, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I have been using Pomodoro Technique for a couple months. It's great. I use an app called focus booster to track my time. Or if I'm on my Mac there is a great app called Chimoo Timer that allows me to set customized intervals instead of having to stick to 25 mins.

Great tip!
foley.mark

Posted: Dec 29, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
A windows app called 'TimeLeft' is great for timeboxing too. I looked at many dedicated timeboxing apps but it was simple and did the trick. There's a free one and you pay if you want multiple timers of a given type. www.nestersoft.com (I'm not associated with them)
Quang

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hey foley.mark,

It's funny you mentioned TimeLeft! I actually LOVE this program. (Bought the full version + extra skins)

Currently I have 4 timers.

2hours
1.5 hour
1 hour
30 mins...

When I start a "Pomodoro Set" I start all 4 timers. (Each Pomodoro Set is 25mins) So I try to do 4 pomodoros in a set.

I've been crazy productive lately. Also I use ToodleDo's Timers to keep daily track of how much time/pomodoro I did during the day.

For example "Plan Day []" = one pomodoro. Once I do this... it'll look something like "Plan Day [x]' 0:25" :)

note: also have no affiliation with TimeLeft/Nestersoft

This message was edited Jan 09, 2010.
Qrystal

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
TimeLeft is definitely nice; I bought it wayyy long ago -- 2001 maybe? It was probably the first software I ever purchased online. (Paid for it, and thus I'm also not associated with them; I'm just a fan!)

I have shorter timers: 2min, 5min, and 15min. They're mostly for little cleaning activities, inspired by FlyLady, who uses these intervals to help inspire people to work on tasks that aren't appealing but really don't take long when you put your mind to it.

I also have a 90 minute timer to remind me to get up and stretch my legs. People aren't meant to sit for prolonged periods of time!

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.