ForumsGetting Things Done®Action Lists

Action Lists
wjlynch

Posted: Apr 06, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Hey guys,

Been using toodledo for a few years now and during that time have run through just about every iphone app out there. For the most part, the Toodledo app and ToDo app have been battling back and forth for my main usage. I had tried out Action Lists awhile back and it just didn't resonate with me at the time. I recently purchase the full version and committed some time to it to get it configured. I have to say that this is quite possibly the best GTD experience available (IMO).

If you are a GTD purist, this app is great. With all the other apps I tried, I was always fussing around with all of the options that were available and what I finally realized is that the system should be simple and effective so you can really get things done. The thing that is great about Toodledo (the website), is that it gives you so many options to choose from no matter if you use GTD or your own system. For someone like me who is trying to stick to the GTD principles (but easily gets wooed by the other fancy bells & whistles), Toodledo can be a playground with endless configurations.

So I wanted to give a plug to the author of Action Lists (c.e.parry?) who had suggested his app to me long ago in one of the forums. Don't know why it took me this long to get it, but I'm glad I did.

Bill
ccoleman

Posted: Apr 07, 2011
Looked this over on your recommendation. Developer seems very responsive.

But unless I'm missing something, the program throws every "next action" into a single giant list that can only be filtered by the single criteria of "context." I have lots of NAs but only one or two contexts, so this isn't workable for me, unless I'm missing something.
Dave

Posted: Apr 07, 2011
It is a great app, wish that I could use it on my Android phone. The developer is c.e. parry who is very responsive on questions.

It filters NA by context since that is the way David Allen says to in the GTD book. If you have many NAs but very few contexts, you might want to create more contexts to break your work up and make it more usable.

Really miss that app....
mco

Posted: Apr 10, 2011
Posted by ccoleman:
Looked this over on your recommendation. Developer seems very responsive.

But unless I'm missing something, the program throws every "next action" into a single giant list that can only be filtered by the single criteria of "context." I have lots of NAs but only one or two contexts, so this isn't workable for me, unless I'm missing something.

No, it uses Folders as Projects, and you can look at your data that way. It uses a little trick to even get sub-projects.
karenhaski

Posted: Apr 13, 2011
Hi, i am using Ultimate To Do List (http://todolist.co/)for Android with toodledo and it works pretty well for my needs. Might help?
karenhaski

Posted: Apr 14, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Dave:
It is a great app, wish that I could use it on my Android phone. The developer is c.e. parry who is very responsive on questions.

It filters NA by context since that is the way David Allen says to in the GTD book. If you have many NAs but very few contexts, you might want to create more contexts to break your work up and make it more usable.

Really miss that app....

This message was edited Apr 14, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.