ForumsGetting Things Done®How do GTDers implement a tickler?

How do GTDers implement a tickler?
Simon

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The main thing I like about GTD is that I can stop worrying about things until they matter. I don't want to be reminded every time I start the system that I need to call Paul on Wednesday, but I do want it to appear on Wednesday. Is there a way I can do this within Toodledo?
Jeremy

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Here are a few strategies to help with this.

1.You can place modifiers on your dates so that they do not show up until a certain date. Here is the help article on it.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

2.You can use the "start date" field. Go to account settings and modify the field used section. Check the box for start date.

3. There is a filter that you can used on the To do list page....click on filters and look for the Show/Hide future tasks option. Click to toggle.

These three options should work for you.

This message was edited Jan 09, 2009.
Simon

Posted: Jan 10, 2009
Thanks Jeremy, a wealth of answers - I'm sure one of these will work! Thanks for the help!
Gummi

Posted: Jan 13, 2009
Jeremy has a great starting point. I personally use the start date field. But for ticklers to really work, in my opinion, you have to have a place to review them if you need to. This is what I use search for.

I use the "tickler" tag so I simply save a search of:
- Tag is tickler
AND
- Checked off no

I use the "tickler" tag because I have "daily review", "weekly review" and "repeat" lists that all have start dates and due dates; consequently, I could not use a simple search for all tasks that have start dates after today.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.