ForumsGetting Things Done®Implement GTD for college

Implement GTD for college
julian.defronzo

Posted: Jan 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello all,

I am new to Toodledo and to GTD in general (still reading Getting Things Done). I am trying to create a proper set up that works well with a college environment and GTD. Currently, I have the following folders:

No Folder (Inbox)
Personal
School
Someday

I also have folders for each of my classes I am taking.

I am wondering if this a good solution, or is there a better one out there you would recommend. I want to try to stay true with the concept of GTD projects, contexts, etc.
vegheadjones

Posted: Jan 15, 2009
You'll have to see what works best for you, but remember that in GTD any action that requires more than one step is a project, so if you are going to use folders as projects, you may wnat to have different folders for each class, grouping the multiple actions that way. So a mid term paper in class X might have its own folder.

You may also want to use subtasks (if you are a Pro) instead of folders in this manner.
BHastings117755

Posted: Jan 19, 2009
The easiest way to do this might be with tags.

I am in university right now and just getting into the GTD swing of things. Since I have so much e-mail coming in I keep a project list in gmail with GTDInbox which lets me organize all my project reference info that comes in e-form.

I then either email or use my firefox toodledo plugin to add tasks to toodledo.

I also use nuevasync + google cal for my calendaring.

Of course, I also have a paper-based inbox and files which I haven't quite got around to setting up...

This message was edited Jan 19, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.