Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Getting Things Done®

Projects *and* contexts between Toodledo and Outlook

AuthorMessage
richleino

Posted: Sep 13, 2011
Score: 0

I'm really trying to get organized with GTD and have to default to Outlook being my primary means as I spend a good portion of my time in front of a computer. I am using a plugin for Outlook that uses Categories for both Contexts as well as Projects.

The problem I have is syncing this with Toodledo. I may have to give up on having an online version of what I'm doing at work if I can't sort this out. My primary reason for using Toodledo is that I want to be able to work on some things from my iPad but it's hardly practical to use Toodledo if I can't even sync my Projects and my Contexts because Outlook uses Categories and there is no way to have the granularity in a sync tool to synce Contexts to certain categories and projects to others.

Thoughts or ideas?
llafianza_1311050124

Posted: Sep 14, 2011

If your colleagues don't also sign up for Tooledo, you will probably not be able to share/send projects. Would it help if they signed up for the free version?

I don't have that kind of inter-connectivity in my organization, but I did recently switch from GTD in Outlook according to the official recommendations to a whole life approach on Toodledo with great success, except I still like to put hard deadlines on my work Outlook calendar.

Most of my projects arrive via email and dragging text into the notes field from email is very smooth.

I hope that helps.
WinfriedS

Posted: Sep 16, 2011

Hi Richleino,

I have a similar situation at work, made worse by an archaic exchange server setup.

I have migrated my diary and to-do lists to an great app called "Informant" which allows me to synch google calendars, outlook and toodledo. You can download a free plugin that will allow outlook synch to google calendars. This way I have integrated diary & tasks on my iPhone and Ipad, and it is always up-to-date on all three devices. I have even been able to create private calendars that only synch to my phone and ipad. On the desktop PC I have outlook (which receives appoitnemts created anywhere) and a toodledo explorer window always runing. Its not seamless integration on the PC but it works, I don't use the tasks in outlook, I find them pretty useless.
I can enter, edit and access info anywhere on any device and get alarms on all devices.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Getting Things Done®