ForumsGetting Things Done®Using TD to manage Calendar items and their associated tasks

Using TD to manage Calendar items and their associated tasks
jroathmobile

Posted: Sep 20, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

I've been trying to get a more consistant way to anchor the tasks that need to be done prior to an appointment. Using a seperate Calendar and Toodledo, I had a feeling I wasn't quite in control (which is another issue all by itself lol).

I'm using a GTD setup and I wanted to experiment putting hard calendar events as projects, and using "Sub Tasks" as the actions associated with that event. Almost without exception, my calendar events require at least 1 "Next Action" task if not more. Many tasks have a due date, that are not events/appointments of course. Here are my lists of folders:

No Folder - Inbox
Short Tasks - Next Actions
Projects - Projects
Tickler/Recurring
Waiting For
Someday
Calendar

I use Context and Status manage tasks. I use a custom search to see Calendar items and tasks that have a due date, and have not been checked off. The actual Calendar link in TD does not display a nice list of well... calendar items. But the custom search works well (thanks to help from this forum.

I am happy I can now see all my calendar tasks in Toodledo, though I duplicate these in google cal to get a visual "lay of the land" view of my days/weeks. Both gcal and TD sync to my iphone. It's a bit of double handling but at least I have a way of "achoring" appointments with the tasks associated with them, in my lists. As Dave says something like ... "a calendar is just another list". Any thoughts or improvements to the above setup are most welcome.

Regs

Jules

Many thanks again

This message was edited Sep 20, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.