ForumsGetting Things Done®Trying to sink my teeth into GTD, but it isn't coming naturally

Trying to sink my teeth into GTD, but it isn't coming naturally
Folke X

Posted: Jan 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
And for someone that uses Toodledo it is easy enough to then add whatever context tags etc that he or she needs. And Waiting. And all this is easily filterable in the Show menu. Perfect. In one single long list in the most relevant order. Super perfect.

I wonder about projects, though. Nirvana has this auto-load functionality for its (sequential) projects. If you have, say, 10 active projects, then if you choose a particular setting, the Next list will show these 10 projects on 10 lines only, regardless of how many tasks there are in each project. Only the first task from each project will be visible in the Next list, but as soon as you complete this task the next task will automatically show up in its place, and so on until the project is finished. This makes the Next list very short and handy and stable (and there are other views if you want to see the projects differently). That's the main reason I am not sure I want to go the MYN-Toodledo way myself right now, although I am tempted.

Do you know a way to achieve something similar in Toodledo? How do you yourself handle projects with MYN-Toodledo?

This message was edited Jan 12, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted: Jan 12, 2012
For work projects, I don't use Toodledo. I use Outlook and OneNote. I've also used Outliner for iPad for laying out the various steps of a project (there's also an online version), and Mind Manager along with iThoughts for iPad for a visual overview.

For personal projects (which tend to be much simpler than my work projects), I use Toodledo tasks with detailed info in Notes. I don't like the implementation of subtasks in Toodledo but sometimes I use them. Also, if the project has more than one step, I prefer seeing them all of them, even though I am working on just one.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2012.
randywheeler

Posted: Feb 02, 2012
The more I learn about GTD, the more I hear of the mobile app OmniFocus. Has anyone here used it? If so, is it worth the $20?
Salgud

Posted: Feb 03, 2012
Did it occur to you to do a forum search for "Omnifocus?
dannyw0011

Posted by Salgud:
Did it occur to you to do a forum search for "Omnifocus?

Apparently not, or he would have. Or perhaps he's wanting a fresh opinion. Or perhaps he thought he might get a helpful comment. It's his first post.

Welcome to the forum, randywheeler!
PeterW 

Posted by randywheeler:
The more I learn about GTD, the more I hear of the mobile app OmniFocus. Has anyone here used it? If so, is it worth the $20?

Omnifocus has a big following in GTD circles. I've never used it but have seen many posts in the official Dave Allen GTD forums so that might be a good place to ask this question.

Here is a link to the developer's page: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnifocus-iphone

From what I've read, Omnifocus can sync with the Mac version and can be synced with a server but not with Toodledo or any other online proprietary system. One of the reasons I use Toodledo is so I can access it at home (on my Mac) at work (on Windows) and when mobile with my iPhone. Omnifocus doesn't have an online access system that I can see.
randywheeler

Posted: Feb 07, 2012
I did do a key word search for OmniFocus in these forums but only found references to it, not anyone who seemed to be using it. You anwered my next question, though, whether or not it will sync with TD.
Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.