ForumsGetting Things Done®Priorirization of 'Next Action'

Priorirization of 'Next Action'
johnprince2112

Posted: Sep 09, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
While I have been in an IT Leadership position for 10+ years, I helped architect some cutting edge applications on some pretty salty teams. In other words, I am not adept with what I consider new-fangled processes, but I've been around mobile device 'check lists' for what, 15 years now. I am interested in this GTD process (which I know is mature, I've just bounced around from process to process average 15 month use and want to give GTD a try. While I know it's important to keep a consistent process, I believe it's more important to bail on things that don't work instead of giving up on them. So I'm learning this process.

I've skimmed the book and read 30+ articles/watched countless demonstrations, etc. So I understand it at an intermediate level and am planning on reading the book of course.

Some quick questions:
1. How many are using Action Lists (app)? I was considering it for my input app on my mobile device. It appears like I can map everything I want.

2. I'm struggling with understanding if there is a 'best practice' when deciding prioritizations of disparate 'next actions' within a given context.

Example:
I am at @home, and I have two 'tasks' associated with that context. One is a single 'action' Order Pizza, and the other is a 'Clean Backyard' project with multiple steps of course. One of them would ideally Is there a popular methodology for determine, is it engineered to be a run-time decision? in Other words,I still don't have my arms around the true intent of 'Next Actions'. I'm confident the book and many of your responses will help clear it up for me, so thank you in advance for your feedback. Your experience is a valuable form of mentorship for me.

p.s. In my 20 years of software development, Toodledo is one of the sharpest apps I've seen. Just put those indented sub-tasks on the iOS, Jake. I'll take it as it is for the next year with that single enhancement.

This message was edited Sep 09, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted: Sep 10, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by johnprince2112:
I've skimmed the book and read 30+ articles/watched countless demonstrations, etc. So I understand it at an intermediate level and am planning on reading the book of course.
I suggest you read "the book". There's a new edition for 2015.

Also, you can search the Toodledo Forums for "next action".

The most extensive discussion of implementing GTD implementation in Toodledo is here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

This message was edited Sep 11, 2015.
johnprince2112

Posted: Sep 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks. I have the book, and have searched the forum on Next Action in addition to reading the thread (and watched the videos) stated below, reading 43 folders, etc etc. I have not seen my questions answered there so hopefully I find that nugget in the book.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.