ForumsGetting Things Done®Agendas and Waiting Fors

Agendas and Waiting Fors
Darius_1296933579

Posted: May 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I created a context called People. When I have an agenda or waiting for task that is related to a person, I will tag it with an entity's or individual person's name (this is solely what I use tags for).

I've requested the addition of Agenda to the status list, but for now I am designating my waiting fors with the Waiting status and my agendas with the Hold status.

Using this method, I find it easy to look at all of my agendas and waiting fors. When I need to interface with someone, I can easily click on Tags or my People context and see anything (all agendas and waiting fors) that I might need to speak with them about, assuming I've done a good job of getting everything into Toodledo. ;)

Patrick

This message was edited May 20, 2008.
lyusong

Posted: May 20, 2008
Very useful. I am now following the same method, use tags for names.
kleinwort

Posted: Jun 22, 2008
Thanks, Patrick! Great idea.
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Just wanted to put in my two cents: I have a People folder, and that's how I review what tasks I have that involve, or are important to, people outside my immediate household.

My contexts for People may vary: some of them are @waiting (I haven't yet thoroughly implemented the new Status stuff within my system), others are @out or @phone or @computer.

But using Tags for names of people involved, that's awesome. There's so many ways to do things with Toodledo, eh!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.