ForumsGetting Things Done®How do you maintain/use your GTD reference lists?

How do you maintain/use your GTD reference lists?
Mark Einersen

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
For example: Packing list, Music I might want to download, Weekly Review Checklist, etc.

Thanks!
Mark
Anders

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Subtasks work really well for that sort of thing. You need a Pro account to use them, but they have some nice advantages. Something like a weekly review can be made as a repeating task with subtasks. A packing list can be made as a series of subtasks with Reference status, and then you can clone the parent task (which will make copies of all the subtasks as well), and activate the list before a trip. Things like music I might want to download, I will use the Notebook for, but that could certainly work as tasks also.
KeithStone

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
I have a pro account but haven't used subtasks because I sync with Pocket Informant for the iPhone, which doesn't support them (yet).

I just have my weekly review checklist in the comments of my weekly review calendar entry. I can't check them off one at a time, but I'm ok with that. I have a few tasks that I've done the same thing. eg. on my kids' chore list, under "clean bathroom", the comment field reads: 1. wash mirror, 2. wash sink, etc.

I don't keep reference lists in Toodledo...I reserve that for Next Actions, projects, someday/maybe and waiting...the things its good at. Reference lists (music to download, books to read, books I own, etc.) I keep in Evernote for now. I'm waiting on somebody to create a cloud-based list manager with unlimited nesting. Then I might consider a switch.
Warren

Posted: Jul 27, 2009
I use an iphone app called Notebook that was written by Appigo. It syncs with my toodledo pro account either automatically or just when you hit the sync button. It is supposed to integrate with their other app ToDo, allowing notes to be added to tasks, but I don't use it. I use the toodledo iphone app instead.

I tried using Evernote but cell reception in my building is not very good and I found that Evernote depended on the network too much.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.