ForumsGetting Things Done®Search Feature Request

Search Feature Request
brian.n.wright

Posted: Aug 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Okay.. Toodledo is so close for me and being able to work as my GTD system. The new status field is great. But I would love a couple of tweaks to the search to make it ideal for me and perhaps others too.

Some quick info on my usage. I use subtasks for project because they are so much quicker to deal with. I use status for bucketing things such as someday, next actions, etc...

My requests:

1. I do not want to flag every single action as a next action.. it is too error prone and time consuming. To me, Every action is a next action unless it is part of a project (subtask for me) which has some ordering of actions. So in my case I need the search to be able to determine if a task is a subtask or not. That way I could easily save a search called 'My Next Actions' that would include all non-subtasks plus subtasks with a 'Next Action' status.

I could also setup a search for my review to include all projects with no next action if it could also allow me to search for any tasks with subtasks underneath it.

2. I love the iphone version of Toodldo. But using search/status/subtasks the way I do means that I need my saved searches on my iphone version. I do not want to weed through all my someday tasks when I am looking for things to do while on an errand.

So in summary.. search criteria would need to include "Is Subtask" and "Has Subtasks" properties and the saved searches need to show up on the iphone/mobile version.

Is any of this coming?

Thanks for all of the good work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 11, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions.
dglickman

Posted: Aug 26, 2008
I use Toodledo on my iPhone. The one thing that is inconvenient is tha there is no one touch way to make phone call from the "slim" version. In the full screen version, phone numbers in tasks are recognized by safari and I can tap it to call the person. But in the "slim" version (and in Todo, incidentally), they are not. The one thing I can do is add a big, long script in the notes section to have Todo read it as a phone number. It takes less time to pull out a pen, a scrap of paper, and write down the number.

Any suggestions on how to call someone directly from Toodledo/slim on the iphone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
kaipaniolo

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Is there any potential, possible, probable chance of a native Palm Pre app. The Slim is "OK", but really slows me down. I usually just write tasks on a pad and use my Ipod touch when I find WiFi or just wait till I'm at a computer.

This kind of defeats the mobile benefits of Toodledo.

Thank you in advance.
Anders

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Toodledo does not have a Pre app planned, but there is a third party developer who recently began working on one to sync with Toodledo. See this post: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/2365/0/client-for-the-palm-pre.html

This message was edited Jul 07, 2009.
Martin

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
Just want to push this thread. I also like the idea to have a search function (with the possibility to save searches) on the iPhone app. It gives the possibility to create custom lists (like projects, waiting on list and more). One way could be to treat the saved searches as "virtual folders" and sync the saved searches to/from the iPhone.

Just my thoughts!

/Martin
lite1

Perhaps I am missing something, but this thread seems no longer relevant to GTD and seems to have morphed into something else.
Anders

Good point Edward. Saved Searches for iPhone would be great, and are actually already on Tooodledo's to do list: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/718/-8045/toodledo-on-the-iphone.html
However, feature requests are better posted in the Questions forum, or through a Support Ticket, and this is way off the GTD theme.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.