ForumsGetting Things Done®How do you all track your projects?

How do you all track your projects?
mike

Posted: Mar 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hey all,

Currently, I use Google Docs to track the status of my project. I use Proximo's GTD setup, so my parent task is the project. In the notes of the parent task I will copy-paste the link to the related Google Doc project sheet. The Google Doc holds my initial outline/plan and I update it as tasks are completed or things come up.

It's time-consuming, but it allows me a good vertical (I think that's the word) view of my projects and where they're at. How does everyone here track their projects?

Thanks!
Mike
manuelhe

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Projects are essentially missing from toodledo, we have tasks and subtasks but iphone apps dont recognize parent tasks as projects so they end up getting lumped in with all the other actions.

vertical focus of my action items is not easy in toodledo because while you can align your individual tasks to short term, long term and lifetime goals, theres no easy way to comfortably think about whether the projects we have collected are the right projects to be collecting given our roles and responsibilities that are tied to our short term goals that are tied to our long term goals and then to our purpose on the planet.

I monitor my projects by making a separate list of all my roles and responsibilities at work and at home and making sure I have projects to support those roles and responsibilities. I take the list of projects and try and make sure I have a folder for each one of those projects. Its an eyeball thing so its tedious and Im not entirely comfortable with it. A desktop application called easy test implements this well but their interface is sketchy and the iphone app shows promise but is not entirely stable.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2010.
jlaker

Posted: Mar 13, 2010
Appigo ToDo recognizes parent tasks as projects and does a great job of displaying them and subtasks.
mike

Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Thanks guys. I'm actually using ToDo on the iPhone, but my iPhone is really my secondary app. When I do my weekly reviews, it's generally in front of my computer. Even then, I think ToDo is an excellent list manager, not so much a project manager.

My understanding of a project tracker/manager is basically a document that details the why's and how's of a project.
jlaker

Posted: Mar 14, 2010
I usually put all that information in the notes field. If you have a pro plus account you could attach those documents to the task as well.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.