ForumsGetting Things Done®Book on best way to use Toodledo to manage tasks and projects?

Book on best way to use Toodledo to manage tasks and projects?
Seth

Posted: Mar 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Toodledo to manage my tasks. I've read the book Getting Things Done by David Allen but it's been a while. I'm not sure about how to decide which folder to assign a task too and how to use the status feature. I think I get context but I'm wondering when I should use contexts to label tasks vs. folders, etc. Just not sure about folder vs. status vs. context. Can you recommend some training or a book I can read to understand more? Do you have any material I can review?
Levi Wallach

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
context is either the location that a task needs to get done in or a resource needed (phone, computer, etc.)

status is the overall status of the task (ie whether it's in progress, on hold, delegated to someone else, etc.)

Folders can be used for different purposes. Some use them as project containers (put all your tasks for a given project in a folder specifically for that project), some use them for broad categorizations (ie personal/job), and still others use them in place of the status field to hold various "buckets" (single tasks, multi-step tasks (ie projects), someday/maybe, waiting for, etc.). You might consider looking at the mammoth thread started by Proximo in this forum (http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html) that shares his method which is the last one I mentioned. Lots of good discussion on contexts, status, and folders in that.
Seth

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks Levi.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.