ForumsGetting Things Done®Help Creating an @waiting script?

Help Creating an @waiting script?
Web

Posted: Nov 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All,

I'm really liking Toodledo and am now trying to optimize it for the long haul. One issue I have is getting email requests seamlessly into my @waiting folder. I also suspect other folks would benefit from the same solution.

Often I email folks asking for something or otherwise leaving a project in their hands. I'd like to set up a rule-triggered Outlook script so that these items get automatically sent into Toodledo with the right subject header and in the right category. I think this would be easy to do for anybody with some Visual Basic skills (which I lamentably lack).

Specifically, I'd like to:
1) send an email to someone and BCC myself
2) then take that BCC email, add to the subject line who I sent it to and the date in parenthesis. It would look something like John Smith (1/1)-- Original Subject Line
3) send this modified email to Toodledo

Triggering a script with a rule and sending an email to Toodledo are easy. Also, much of the script could probably be borrowed from here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/6709/-2/one-click-toodledo-outlook-button-code-included.html#end
It's just the actual script that I can't do :-(.

If anybody has the kind of chops to whip this script up or otherwise suggest a solution, I'd be grateful.

Yours truly,
Ari
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.