ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatPocket Informant to Sync with Toodledo

Pocket Informant to Sync with Toodledo
Alan

Posted: Mar 12, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
The hugely popular all-in-one calendar/task/contacts application, Pocket Informant is about to be born for the iPhone platform. Of particular interest to Toodledo users is the fact that Pocket Informant will sync with Google Calendar and Toodledo.

This will significantly increase the reach and popularity of Toodledo.

More information and screenshots about P.I. here: http://tinyurl.com/622qgm

This message was edited Mar 12, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by amswitzer:
The hugely popular all-in-one calendar/task/contacts application, Pocket Informant is about to be born for the iPhone platform. Of particular interest to Toodledo users is the fact that Pocket Informant will sync with Google Calendar and Toodledo.

It's out (as of a couple hours ago), and it's awesome.
sherm

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
So far it's working very well for me!
frossie

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
So does it sync with toodledo? If so, what actually syncs? To do only, notes... ?
Jon_R

Right now ToDo's only. Within the next couple of releases notes should sync as well we have been told.
Claudio

I'm wondering how Pocket Informant (PI) users are using the calendar, which is completely separate from the iPhone Calendar so that alarms won't work. I know that you can sync the iPhone Calendar with the Google Calendar which syncs with PI. Seems like it could get messy, if you want alarms.

Also, I think that PI syncs with only one calendar, for now.

More important, though, PI does not support all the features of Toodledo, eg. subtasks.

Finally, I see from their message board that version 1.0 has several bugs.

I think that I'll wait until version 1.3.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Posted by Claudio:
I'm wondering how Pocket Informant (PI) users are using the calendar, which is completely separate from the iPhone Calendar so that alarms won't work. I know that you can sync the iPhone Calendar with the Google Calendar which syncs with PI. Seems like it could get messy, if you want alarms.

I love the PI calendar, and have not had problems with notifications. I don't get notifications from PI directly, although I set them up in its calendar. I sync my google calendar to the iPhone calendar which I don't use at all except as a means to receive notifications.

Also, I think that PI syncs with only one calendar, for now.

Not true. PI can sync as many calendars as you want to throw at it, but only from one gcal account I believe. Also the 1.00 version does not sync shared/subscribed calendars, but 1.01 which should be available any day will correct this.

More important, though, PI does not support all the features of Toodledo, eg. subtasks.

True. I don't use it much as a task manager for this reason. I use it as a killer calendar app, and like being able to view all my todos with my calendars, but I still do most of my task management in the Toodledo app because of PI's shortcomings as a task manager.

Finally, I see from their message board that version 1.0 has several bugs.

I think that I'll wait until version 1.3.

It's not too bad, and most are worked out in version 1.01 under review now by apple, but I can't fault you for waiting, especially if you are looking at PI primarily as a task manager.
Alan

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
1.01 is out. Personally, I'm not yet a fan of the software even though I paid for it. It is much faster than 1.00 was, but there's something about working with the Todos that bugs me.

It syncs nicely with Google Calender so no need to worry about that.

1.01 is very much faster than 1.00 and they state in their forums that 1.02 will be even faster, due to a syncing redesign.
Anders

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
Posted by Alan:
1.01 is out. Personally, I'm not yet a fan of the software even though I paid for it. It is much faster than 1.00 was, but there's something about working with the Todos that bugs me.

It syncs nicely with Google Calender so no need to worry about that.

1.01 is very much faster than 1.00 and they state in their forums that 1.02 will be even faster, due to a syncing redesign.

Agree completely. PI=Great Cal, but for todos, PI<Toodledo. Maybe someday. I would really like to have an integrated calendar & task program, but PI is just not there yet with the task management. I can't even try their todo stuff out seriously until they have subtasks. Still, great calendar app.
Aamy

Posted: May 25, 2009
[Deleted for cross posting in over a dozen topics. Please stay on topic and don't spam.]

This message was edited May 25, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.