ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatJust Closed my Remember the Milk Account

Just Closed my Remember the Milk Account
Alan

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
Score: 4 Reference
I've just completely cancelled my RTM account. I see no need to return to RTM; their open hostility to their paid customers' requests for basic enhancements and bug fixes is totally pathetic. I don't know what's happened there, however, I am really glad that I've moved everything over to Toodledo.

Your customer support is outstanding, and this product just keeps improving. So thanks, Toodledo, for giving us disgruntled RTM users a place to go, and a product that, once we use it, realize was totally underrated all along. I'm very happy with the functionality of Toodledo. Your attitude towards the customer base is simply the icing on the cake.
Anders

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
It's great to see all you former RTM folks over here. You have certainly come to the right place. I tried out RTM a while back, but it would not be fair for me to make a direct comparison because I am sure they must have made a lot of changes since then. Anyway, Toodledo is where it's at. Unmatched capability and unheard of developer dedication. This is the online task manager of the future, the cowslayer if you will.
carmentalis

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
I tried out RTM a while back, but it would not be fair for me to make a direct comparison because I am sure they must have made a lot of changes since then.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If you tried it in the last one and a half years, you haven't missed anything significant in terms of development. It's the biggest complaint after the lack of communication - no new features are added, even when they've been continually requested since 2005.

Anyway, it's much nicer here. RTM customers are treated as a nuisance, while Toodledo make their customers feel welcome and appreciated.
Anders

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Yes, there is just something special about Toodledo. When I was using the other website, I never had any desire to pay them money, but when I came to Toodledo, I immediately thought that this is something I want to be a part of and support. I signed up for a pro account within a few weeks, and I am very glad I did.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Apr 24, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Same here. There is something great about knowing TD cares about what customers think. I was glad to shell over a few bucks for a pro account. I can't imagine how many dollars I have made by being more productive thanks to ToodleDo!
thpope

Same here. I wish I could buy stock. I honestly don't agree with them on their "green" initiatives (because I'm a flaming Conservative), but they really seem like a solid company with superb customer service. And it shows with threads like this.
Anders

Score: 3 Reference
Toodledo's green initiatives are commendable in my opinion, and if you are buying stocks, the way the world is going, it is probably unwise to invest in any companies that have not looked into similar measures.
ted.hogan

Posted: May 20, 2009
I just came here for the first time today after reading some posts on RTM from disgruntled paying customers.

After reading what was going on, I opted NOT to purchase an RTM subscription. I saw this site mentioned, so I came here.

I am AMAZED at the features offered here and the FANTASTIC responsiveness of the developers. This company ROCKS.

I am purchasing a paid subscription now. I'm sold.

Keep up the good work and you will keep your paying customers.

The only suggestion I have is for them to get a really, really good UI expert to help with the overall look and feel. THAT would be HUGE and bring in a lot more business.
Anders

Posted: May 20, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
Welcome to Toodledo, Ted. I love seeing this stream of converts express their joy and relief at finding something so much better. Toodledo should find out if they can advertise over on the RTM site to speed this process up.

I'm also starting to warm up to these UI upgrade suggestions. I think it is completely unnecessary, but if people are really getting turned off of Toodledo without even trying it just because its design is a result of function over form, then I can get behind the idea. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy about a slicker looking site as long as no functionality was lost in the process, and I am for anything positive that helps Toodledo grow.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.