ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatMy 2 cents (IOS interface)

My 2 cents (IOS interface)
jbpontzer

Posted: Jan 19, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Outlines:
I tried to utilize the Outlines recently. They seem to work well in the web interface although there were two items that frustrated me with when accessing those outlines through my iPhone:
1) Any time I add or make a change to the list, the application always takes me back to the top requiring me to scroll back down.
2) The list does not stay open if I go to another app such as email and then return to Toodledo. When I return to Toodledo, I have to reopen the list and scroll to where I left off.

Task Lists:
* I use the search feature 90% of the time when I'm using the web interface at work. I have several saved queries that I use extensively. My request would allow the user to mark lists (queries, contexts, folders, etc.) that they would like to see/access in place of the "Hotlist" and "Starred" lists.

Subtasks:
I personally do not like how the IOS app handles subtasks because it is too hard to see which subtask belongs to which task.
* The web interface allows the user to quickly pull together and show the parent and children by clicking on the subtask icon. This would be a very useful feature in IOS. The current IOS interface is very cumbersome.
* Ability to add a subtask to task. This does not have to be a drag and drop. The task could have a parent field. If the user enters something in the field, the app would search an allow them to select the parent task.
* Allow the title of the parent task to be shown along with the title of the subtask. This would reduce the amount of typing. For instance, suppose I have a task of "Hire John Doe" with subtasks of "HR Indoc", "Set up cubicle" and "Order PC". The subtasks do not make sense unless I add "Hire John Doe" to each of them causing a lot of extra typing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.